• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    I'm starting to think about what I want as my concealed carry pistol and I've been drawn towards the CZ P07.

People have said they're solid guns and they're comfortable, and I like the idea of the half cocked carry.

Can anyone talk me out of getting it?
    Military Camp

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Heck no, not me! It’s a great little carry gun especially in the summer months when working/playing outdoors. Unlike most of my other CZ’s, haven’t felt the need to do anything to it whatsoever other than different sights and shoot the snot out of it! It’s been very accurate and so far 100% reliable with any ammo I’ve shot through it. Getcha one, I double-dog dare ya! :)

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Heck no, not me! It’s a great little carry gun especially in the summer months when working/playing outdoors. Unlike most of my other CZ’s, haven’t felt the need to do anything to it whatsoever other than different sights and shoot the snot out of it! It’s been very accurate and so far 100% reliable with any ammo I’ve shot through it. Getcha one, I double-dog dare ya! :)

I mentioned getting different sights...not critical by any means, factory ones are functional, but I’ve found as my eyes have aged, my vision at that “in-between” distance where reading glasses work well for up close and contacts work well for distances, the front sight on pistols started to get a little fuzzy. I’ve found that high-contrast type sights work best for me for defensive shooting purposes.
    When I got my P-07, there weren’t many sight choices I was too excited about so was playing around one day and just blacked out the rear sight with matte black touch up paint and snuck into the wife’s vast supply of
    every-shade-known-to-man nail polish and mixed a couple together and dabbed it into the space in the front sight dot. Did get questioning glances when wife came home and found me perusing her nail polish, but it has worked very well so far and haven’t really even looked at other sight choices. Did just pre-order the Night Fishion sights to try out (black rear w/tritium inserts and orange outlined front tritium). There are also fiber optic sights available for it. Here are my homegrown sights
    3786958c971cd58cc0b8aa222f6c3c79.jpg

f4a90482c31953dddea7b0c545beda5e.jpg

b41253de52227cdebc4e661d5b5923c2.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm starting to think about what I want as my concealed carry pistol and I've been drawn towards the CZ P07.

People have said they're solid guns and they're comfortable, and I like the idea of the half cocked carry.

Can anyone talk me out of getting it?
    Have you had much time behind one? I had a p09 a few years.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    P07 is very reliable and a good choice for edc. I dont have one right now but I do carry a P01 during the winter and it is outstanding

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    No time at all. I would like to rent one or a similar CZ at a range before I make a purchase.
    Definitely. My experience has been positive for accuracy. If I took my time that p09 could outshoot any pistol I had. With the exception of one of my revolvers. It was also very reliable. However that's about all the credit I can give it. That gun was too thin for my hands and combined with a pretty bad trigger, I traded it off. The triggers on these guns get some praise but imo their junk triggers. D/a is horrible. Single just isn't as crisp as id like. Combined with the width of the frame, even with the large backstrap, just gave my trigger finger a hard time being in that goldy locks zone. It took me too much time to get good hits. My current carry gun is a cz compact or prc. Mine just says compact vs prc. The trigger on it is a bit worked in but its night and day different. Its d/a is even smoother than my 629 sw performance centers trigger. Its frame has my finger perfectly where it needs to be when going for the trigger. A match made in heaven. Don't shy away from looking at a compact 75bd.

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom