• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    I got my greencard a few weeks ago, and that means I can get my LTC!

I've heard nothing but good things about Harry's Holsters and I was going to put my money there, but then I decided to check in on the Alien Gear hype and they look pretty comfy, but I've heard some complaints about AG being too bulky.

Can anyone offer any input? My wife says I need to go take a shower so I have stop my research for now.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You need to set some hands on the holster. What somebody's opinion on bulky might be 180° to what you consider bulky. Nothing beats seeing it in person.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    You need to set some hands on the holster. What somebody's opinion on bulky might be 180° to what you consider bulky. Nothing beats seeing it in person.

I was planning on ordering online.
    I only got my license recently and kind of forgot I have the option to go to gun stores now.

I need to fix a headlight though. Craigslist seller screwed me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was planning on ordering online.
    I only got my license recently and kind of forgot I have the option to go to gun stores now.

Yep,

Take your time and look at a bunch. Look at lots of makers. Pick the best that'll fit your body shape...

Comfort, retention, easy to conceal.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    If you go with one of the newer alien gears .. the new shape shifter would be my choice. Especially for appendix carry. I have the Alien Gear IWB for my 1911 Defender & my Sig P938...i'm a skinny guy 6' & 160 lbs & it is not comfy at all fro me. I'm sure if i had more meat on my bones it's probably not bad, but for a skinny guy i didn't like it in the 6:30-7 o'clock position. They are sitting in my safe... one is left handed the other is right handed... you want to buy one?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've always enjoyed Safariland brand anything. I've wore their duty holsters for years. Both civilian and military. It's the fake laminate leather they use. I've never been able to tear their stuff up....and Yes I've tried. I also have a bunch of parts from taking holsters apart and fitting it to a different hand gun. With some sly use of screws, a Glock 26 holster will hold a Glock 42-43.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    Do you guys think the soft padding that some brands have between the wearers skin and the gun make much of a difference? One thing I just thought of is that my stomach hair might get caught in a holster without such a feature (sorry to gross you out).

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Check out the Vedder Holsters LightTuck. They make them for the CZ P07, they're very low profile with no extra material or pointy corners, and they have the best, strongest spring steel belt clip I've seen on a holster so far.

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Do you guys think the soft padding that some brands have between the wearers skin and the gun make much of a difference? One thing I just thought of is that my stomach hair might get caught in a holster without such a feature (sorry to gross you out).

I've tried a couple. I carry all day, every day and once the soft backer breaks in a little the holsters no longer provide the amount of retention I want so I went back to all Kydex holsters. YMMV.

I wear undershirts most of the time so I've had no issues with carrying IWB. I've gone plenty of times with out an undershirt with no trouble too, you just get used to it.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    I've tried a couple. I carry all day, every day and once the soft backer breaks in a little the holsters no longer provide the amount of retention I want so I went back to all Kydex holsters. YMMV.

I wear undershirts most of the time so I've had no issues with carrying IWB. I've gone plenty of times with out an undershirt with no trouble too, you just get used to it.

Cool. Thanks for the input.
    Been looking into the Vedder holsters tonight and that's who I might go with.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm not a huge fan of the hybrid holsters myself. I find them harder to get a good grip on the draw but they are more comfortable than a standard leather or kydex.

With open carry being legal, I'm not as concerned about printing or accidentally unconcealing as I used to be so I've gone away from IWB and wear OWB now.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/ makes a quality holster and should be able to get you situated with an IWB holster.

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I don’t think you need a green card to get you LTC but I might be wrong.
    For holsters I concur with other folks that you really want to try a few before you really make an investment. Of course there aren’t many places you can try a lot so I sometimes check eBay or amazon, read the reviews. So far it has been working well for me mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    This reply might be too late, but incase you are still in the market for P07 holster, check JM custom kydex.
    top notch.

Top Bottom