CZ Rimfires

wilded

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
I have been shooting a Ruger 77/22 for many years and have always liked them. I have put a green mountain barrel on mine to make it more accurate. The other day I got to shoot a couple of CZ rimfires. One was a CZ 452 American in .22 LR and the other a CZ 453 in .22 WMR and I became a fan. The accuracy of these little guns is awesome. The 453 had a fantastic set trigger. Both of the rifles look like miniture big game rifles just scaled down. I hate it when a .22 rifle looks like a .22 rifle if you know what I mean. The stock and metal finish was really nice with turkish walnut and a high polish deep blue. I then had to have one and procured a 452 American model upon which I put high Burris rings and an inexpensive BSA 6x18 scope. The trigger was to heavy so I installed a Brooks trigger spring to lighten the pull to about 2 pounds. The first time out this gun shot some great groups. It really started to tighten down after about a hundred rounds were shot through it. Then my wife set down and shot a 5 shot group at 50 yards that was just over a 1/4 inch at the widest point. She promptly declared that the CZ 452 would be her rifle. If anyone runs across a deal on a CZ 452 Varmint in .22WMR I want one of my own.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member