• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I’m hoping to find somewhere to rent these and get some firsthand experience but so far have had no luck. Next best thing at the moment is getting the opinions of others. I’m looking at a Canik TP9 variant or the CZ P10c or maybe even P-07. Which do you guys prefer and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Texas SOT

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    U going to the next TGT reunion? One of the members here has both.

Or if you're in Austin we could just meet at a range.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Both the CZ and Canik models are excellent handguns. I am not sure about the P10c but I do own a P-07 in .40 cal and it is a great shooting defensive pistol. True CZ's are nice and expensive unless you pick up one of the clones that EAA or Canik make. IMO, I would go for the Canik (TP9 series) first.. The TP9SF and the more compact TP9SF Elite are fantastic firearms. Their triggers are excellent and the fact them come stock Warren Sights are a plus. The TP9SF is the larger frame model that holds a staggering 18+1 and the SF Elite is just as reliable and closer to the size of a G19.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    U going to the next TGT reunion? One of the members here has both.
    Or if you're in Austin we could just meet at a range.
    When is the next one? I haven't seen you or any of the guys in ages since I went inactive for a few years. I moved to Austin a few years ago so I'm always down to meet up.

Just buy a Glock 19 and quit torturing yourself.
    I already have 2 G19's.

Both the CZ and Canik models are excellent handguns. I am not sure about the P10c but I do own a P-07 in .40 cal and it is a great shooting defensive pistol. True CZ's are nice and expensive unless you pick up one of the clones that EAA or Canik make. IMO, I would go for the Canik (TP9 series) first.. The TP9SF and the more compact TP9SF Elite are fantastic firearms. Their triggers are excellent and the fact them come stock Warren Sights are a plus. The TP9SF is the larger frame model that holds a staggering 18+1 and the SF Elite is just as reliable and closer to the size of a G19.
    Yeah I've been torn. I already have a bunch of carry guns so I'm looking at this one as more of a range gun to mod over time. On one hand I hear people singing the praises of CZ and on the other the Canik seems like one hell of a value that's not too far behind. I did go by Guns Warehouse today and at least got a P-07 and P10c in my hands. The latter felt better in my hands and had a pretty nice trigger.

I've been sort of eyeing the TP9SFX with the Vortex Viper.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Can I ask why? I'm just looking for something different than my Glocks and Sigs and keep hearing rave reviews of both CZ and Canik.
    I've heard a lot of good things about Caniks. A lot of people seem extremely happy with them. I've never shot one. I have shot CZ 75 SP-01 And CZ P01 and really liked them. I would probably get the CZ over the canik, but that's not to say if turn my nose up at a tp9 either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Can I ask why? I'm just looking for something different than my Glocks and Sigs and keep hearing rave reviews of both CZ and Canik.
    Caniks are cheap guns..do they work..sure.
    So does a Hi Point.
    From what I’ve heard, the triggers suck horribly

I just don’t see the upside of buying one personally.

I’ve got a CZ 75B, damn fine weapon, good trigger.
    It will hold value...
    Canik...not so much.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When is the next one? I haven't seen you or any of the guys in ages since I went inactive for a few years. I moved to Austin a few years ago so I'm always down to meet up.

I already have 2 G19's.

Yeah I've been torn. I already have a bunch of carry guns so I'm looking at this one as more of a range gun to mod over time. On one hand I hear people singing the praises of CZ and on the other the Canik seems like one hell of a value that's not too far behind. I did go by Guns Warehouse today and at least got a P-07 and P10c in my hands. The latter felt better in my hands and had a pretty nice trigger.

I've been sort of eyeing the TP9SFX with the Vortex Viper.

Have you tried a Walther PPQ?
    I have an M2 Navy, and love it.

M1 is paddle mag release like HK.
    M2 is push button.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Wow, two great pistols pitted against one another in web comments. You already know that both are superlative firearms. Any negative comments will come from a non-owner.
    Take a chance. Both of these Tupperware pistols have similar capabilities. Pick either one and you won’t be disappointed.
    IMHO CZ is better than any contemporary pistol of the same class.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'd be surprised if the Caniks trigger is anywhere near as good as the PPQ

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah I have no clue which is why I'd started this thread. There are so many reviews online and its hard to sort through who actually knows what they're talking about and who is full of shit or paid to say nice things.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've got two CZ pistols. Both are fantastic. CZ 83 & CZ P01. Never tried a Canik but, I have heard good things about them. Iffin' I had my 'druthers, it'd be a CZ 75 or CZ 75 variant made by CZ. They gotta be doing something right if they are one of the top two most copied pistols on the planet.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I own 2 75B’s, a bunch of clones, a P09, P10c, and a TP9sfx. I have also shot a PPQ. I love my 75 above all else, but you really can’t go wrong with any of them.
    As far as the triggers go, it pains me to say the PPQ is probably the best out of the polymer guns, definitely better than a Canik.

Top Bottom