• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I got a TP9SF for Fathers day and still haven't had a chance to shoot it. Seeing those holes in the targets makes me really want to go now. I'm jealous.
    Hell I'm jealous of you getting guns as gifts...my birthday is coming up on Saturday if anyone is feeling generous :P
    Guns International

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Thank ya'. Figured it was fairly simple, just a different pull direction on the tabs I believe. Looks like I might just have told a bit of a lie to the safe. Told it it wasn't gonna get no more kiddlins to watch over.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Canik TP9SFX range report

Ran perfectly on 115 grain reloads and factory ammo. 124g factory ammo also cycled fine but I had some Freedom Munitions 124g reman that would not cycle properly. 2-3 jams per 20 round mag with that ammo. I'm inclined to believe it's the ammo as I've had issues with it before. Unfortunately I bought 5000 rounds of it awhile back so still have a few hundred rounds to use

Freedom Munitions used to be a go to for me, but 4-5 years ago, I felt like their QC went to crap. Two squibs and crappy groups and I’m done shooting their stuff.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The biggest issue with freedom was their 5.56 reman. I believe they were using 5.56 cases from the military that were shot out of M249's, which would tear up cases to the point they couldn't handle pressure.

I'd have a hard time shooting anything of theirs. Ammo is cheap enough, and guns, eyes, and hands are expensive enough that it's not worth the few cents saved per round.

Maybe see if any reloader near you is willing to buy the rest for components.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I just ordered a Canik TP9SA One series. $303 out the door from Grab A Gun. It's going to become my summertime carry gun. I don't have to worry quite as much about my sweat eating it.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Me neither. I usually take four or five of various calibers. I clean the plastic guns first because they are quicker. Takes awhile longer to really clean the 1911s.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Me neither. I usually take four or five of various calibers. I clean the plastic guns first because they are quicker. Takes awhile longer to really clean the 1911s.

Is cleaning plastic guns really quicker, or is it that you don’t give shit because it’s plastic?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I can field strip a Glock or CZ, fully clean it, and reassemble it in about 15 minutes.
    I completely disassemble (except for the trigger parts) my 1911s. This takes at least 30 minutes, maybe longer depending on how hot it is in my garage. Neither my Glocks nor my CZs get very dirty in the frames area, like my 1911s do.
    I am a dedicated 1911 guy, but damn the plastics guns are just easier to maintain.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I can field strip a Glock or CZ, fully clean it, and reassemble it in about 15 minutes.
    I completely disassemble (except for the trigger parts) my 1911s. This takes at least 30 minutes, maybe longer depending on how hot it is in my garage. Neither my Glocks nor my CZs get very dirty in the frames area, like my 1911s do.
    I am a dedicated 1911 guy, but damn the plastics guns are just easier to maintain.

I understand that. My comment wasn’t really directed at you. It was to get the plastic fanboys riled up. (So much for that strategy) :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom