• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should I buy a Glock 17 gen 5 or a CZ P10F?

• Glock

Votes: 7 36.8%
    • Cz

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Paging @OLDVET He is a fan of the CZ and likely has some good intel on those.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    1669823542279.jpeg

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Oops. The pistols above are from me.
    At one time in my life I owned the collection above. My daughter has since talked me out of one of my "Orange" CZs.
    I sold a few others to lucky bidders.

My favorite is the P-01. I have two and my wife has one. I like the all metal CZs the most, but I enjoy shooting all of them.

I am a "die hard" 1911 guy. Have been every since my Army days back in the late 60's. I was our Company Armorer.
    At one time in my life I had 26 1911s in my collection. They were 1911s from various manufacturers and various calibers.

In my personal opinion the CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is by far the most accurate pistol I have ever owned.
    I can shoot it much more accurately than even my Wilson Combat Elites.

Another nice feature of the CZs is you can still buy a new pistol for a reasonable price.
    My only regret with most CZs is their trigger. They were designed for protection not target shooting.
    I am fairy certain that if the situation every came up where I needed a firearm for my personal protection, the last thing I would worry about is how the trigger functions. The most important thing is it shoots.

As you know everyone has their own opinion about things. Even though I am a big fan of CZ pistols, I carry a Gen 4 Glock 19 in my car.
    I hate the Glock, but I know it will go bang every time I pull the trigger!!

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’m actually torn between a cz p10f and a Glock 17. It’s just going to be a back up to my third gen 17 for work. But it’s not like a Glock gets me excited. Not a huge fan of cz but from what I read the p10 seems to be a really good accurate gun.

Share your thoughts.
    I voted Glock and am into Glocks biggly but have you considered the PDP? If you qualify, GT Distributors has good prices for 1st responders.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I am about to turn 75 years of age.
    My days of weekly range visits have come and gone. Much to my regret.

Thanks for the info. I have acquired a few firearms from GT Distributors over the years. Their long wait time to be served took the edge of my zeal to acquire somethin new from them, though.

Top Bottom