• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should I buy a Glock 17 gen 5 or a CZ P10F?

• Glock

Votes: 7 36.8%
    • Cz

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The CZ is more premium to these eyes. If you didn’t already have a Glock, I’d say go with CZ. But, since you already have a Glock, why go to another platform that would need to be supported with the different mags, holsters and such? Plus if you are comfortable with your current G17, you shouldn’t notice anything different on a new one. Such is the case with my gen 4 & gen 5 G19s. If you want to shake things up a little, go with FDE or OD on the new one.
    Gun Zone Deals

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As a backup, or spare, I would stick with the same brand and platform. Not necessarily the same model though. But, close enough that most pieces parts could be used on/with either if circumstances dictated that need.

Now, if you are just looking for moral support in the need to expand your horizons a bit, HELL YES, GET THE CZ!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    CZ doesn't make any bad guns. That says alot.
    773918-CZ_USA_CZ_Bren_2_Ms_7_62x39_14_7_62x39mm_AR_Pistol_Black-91462.jpg

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    Sam7fs:

As context I'm a Lefty....and prefer DA/SA guns, for the range and for carry. I began with a Makarov in .380, and after a few 'changes'
    I own the CZ PCR (stock DA trigger-not that bad) and a Sig P225; German-proofed.

Quite frankly, most striker-fired guns' triggers usually seem ok, and I don't really think about trigger 'reset', am Not a connoisseur of SA trigger,
    Perfection of layout (being a Lefty) is never expected, just Overall quality and reliability. As a Lefty I've Never had ideal controls for mag release, slide release or much else. A gun is not expected to "cater" to me. Just give me Reliability--------;)

A friend has a typical 9mm Glock and let me use it several times. The ergos just never felt right to me.
    A few years ago I rented (at the same time) both the CZ-P10 :cool: and a Walther PPQ :cool:.

I enjoyed both of those handguns very much, and had I been a Striker (SA only) guy, gladly would have bought either gun.

Along with my CZ PCR I also own a Czechpoint VZ-58 (7.62x39) and am now waiting on a CZ-83 (.380 acp) to ship. You see the picture.

From my perspective I would buy a Czech gun over any other type, "sight unseen", due to their superior engineering designs and production quality control, plus normally having very good ergonomics

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sam7fs:

As context I'm a Lefty....and prefer DA/SA guns, for the range and for carry. I began with a Makarov in .380, and after a few 'changes'
    I own the CZ PCR (stock DA trigger-not that bad) and a Sig P225; German-proofed.

Quite frankly, most striker-fired guns' triggers usually seem ok, and I don't really think about trigger 'reset', am Not a connoisseur of SA trigger,
    Perfection of layout (being a Lefty) is never expected, just Overall quality and reliability. As a Lefty I've Never had ideal controls for mag release, slide release or much else. A gun is not expected to "cater" to me. Just give me Reliability--------;)

A friend has a typical 9mm Glock and let me use it several times. The ergos just never felt right to me.
    A few years ago I rented (at the same time) both the CZ-P10 :cool: and a Walther PPQ :cool:.

I enjoyed both of those handguns very much, and had I been a Striker (SA only) guy, gladly would have bought either gun.

Along with my CZ PCR I also own a Czechpoint VZ-58 (7.62x39) and am now waiting on a CZ-83 (.380 acp) to ship. You see the picture.

From my perspective I would buy a Czech gun over any other type, "sight unseen", due to their superior engineering designs and production quality control, plus normally having very good ergonomics
    Thanks for the insight. I don’t agree with cz having superior qc but a p10 is more attractive than a Glock

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’d buy it in the week but I’m busy getting the shaft at work. Be a fat check but dang it

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Oops. The pistols above are from me.
    At one time in my life I owned the collection above. My daughter has since talked me out of one of my "Orange" CZs.
    I sold a few others to lucky bidders.

My favorite is the P-01. I have two and my wife has one. I like the all metal CZs the most, but I enjoy shooting all of them.

I am a "die hard" 1911 guy. Have been every since my Army days back in the late 60's. I was our Company Armorer.
    At one time in my life I had 26 1911s in my collection. They were 1911s from various manufacturers and various calibers.

In my personal opinion the CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is by far the most accurate pistol I have ever owned.
    I can shoot it much more accurately than even my Wilson Combat Elites.

Another nice feature of the CZs is you can still buy a new pistol for a reasonable price.
    My only regret with most CZs is their trigger. They were designed for protection not target shooting.
    I am fairy certain that if the situation every came up where I needed a firearm for my personal protection, the last thing I would worry about is how the trigger functions. The most important thing is it shoots.

As you know everyone has their own opinion about things. Even though I am a big fan of CZ pistols, I carry a Gen 4 Glock 19 in my car.
    I hate the Glock, but I know it will go bang every time I pull the trigger!!

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’m actually torn between a cz p10f and a Glock 17. It’s just going to be a back up to my third gen 17 for work. But it’s not like a Glock gets me excited. Not a huge fan of cz but from what I read the p10 seems to be a really good accurate gun.

Share your thoughts.
    I voted Glock and am into Glocks biggly but have you considered the PDP? If you qualify, GT Distributors has good prices for 1st responders.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I am about to turn 75 years of age.
    My days of weekly range visits have come and gone. Much to my regret.

Thanks for the info. I have acquired a few firearms from GT Distributors over the years. Their long wait time to be served took the edge of my zeal to acquire somethin new from them, though.

Top Bottom