• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Even though the French think they are better than us, this is one of the few things they are and should be grateful for from the US. 69 years later, they haven't forgotten, and neither should we. Thanks to those that served and fought in the second world war.

D-Day_landing.jpg

beachlanding_b.jpg

large-d-day-anniversary.jpg

Invasion+of+Normandy.jpg

d-day-920-23.jpg

381d402fb171b4a1e9e74b7bfac4cf5b.jpg

d01_0p011976.jpg

d23_0p012623.jpg
    Lynx Defense

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    amen to the above.. June 6 should and will always be remembered . for us older guys on here it was our Fathers.. guessing for the majority of you it was your Grandfathers.. The outcome of the war was in doubt at that time.. but they did it..

Hand Salute..

TWO..

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Thanks to those who served and those who now serve.

My Dad ...

Tom Warren was Plainview's man of steel - MyPlainview.com: News

I salute and extend my thanks to all military servicemen and women, both currently serving and those who have served.

WWII vets hold a special place in my soul.

My dad earned:

3 invasion medals - North Africa, Sicily and Normandy
    two purple hearts - mortar attack in North Africa and his LCPV was hit just as the gate fell at Omaha beach.
    Bronze Star - took out a pill box that had his squad pinned down in Sicily
    Silver Star - never would talk about it.

Most of his military experiences he would discuss were during "down time". He described watching P38s engage 109s as he enjoyed a cup of coffee with his buddies in Sicily and souvenier hunting in tanks abandoned in North Africa.

A few months before he died, he told me about being a POW in North Africa just hours away from being shipped out of Tobruk when the Germans just left. That was all he ever really shared, even though I asked numerous times.

He had a great respect for the German people, just not the German leadership at the time.

Finally ... Happy Birthday Mom. I love and miss you.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Father, God rest his soul, would not talk about his WW II or Korea experiences. All I know about it is that he was there for the full Pacific island-hopping campaign, and that he suffered malaria attacks for years afterwards. In Korea, he was in Chesty Puller's outfit. As a Marine for 30 years, he served this country with honor and I salute him and all those who fought and died during WW II.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers in arms on other fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, he will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man to man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our home fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

-- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    my dad served in korea not one word said, but things start to come out but he quits, but he tears up,
    proud of my pops

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    They had looked at and smelled death all around them all day but never even dreamed of applying the term to themselves. They hadn't come here to fear. They hadn't come to die. They had come to win. - Lieutenant Welsh

Top Bottom