• Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Ok all,

It seems like those Southern Texans are getting to know each other quite well. I've been lurking and posting for awhile now and there doesn't seem to be much around hehe.

I remember seeing post about a monthly Elm Fork shoot, but i haven't seen that inv awhile.

I propose a Monthly eat and greet every 2nd Friday. We can move the lunch around to different locations to suit the need of us urbanites.

Are you all game?

Sent from my own insanity via Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I'm in for a eat and greet or range time or private land time. Just let me know.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    So Beaner prefers an afterwork social, and everyone likes to goto the range (or open acreage.) TXARGUY, not sure if your out toward Leonard or somewhere else. I would prefer a control shoot (maybe even clay) on private property over Gun ranges these days. Elm Fork is over by my office, but $20 a head to shoot a couple boxes is a bit steep.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    My land is outside of Trenton.

I'm down with lunch or an early dinner in the Allen/Plano/Frisco area. We might want to do that first and use that opportunity to plan a shoot.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I'll second that. Anywhere from Richardson to McKinney for an afterwork thing is fine with me.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    So Beaner prefers an afterwork social, and everyone likes to goto the range (or open acreage.) TXARGUY, not sure if your out toward Leonard or somewhere else. I would prefer a control shoot (maybe even clay) on private property over Gun ranges these days. Elm Fork is over by my office, but $20 a head to shoot a couple boxes is a bit steep.

I'll do what I can.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'll propose dinner, Friday February 8 In the Allen/McKinney/Frisco area.

Venue should have a meeting/banquet room, be CHL friendly...

As far as menu is concerned I'm open to just about anything.

Last edited:

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The problem with social hour after work is that someone will eventually feel put out. We all live and work in different areas of town. I have many friends who live in the McKinney/Frisco area and there are just times when I cannot make the trip. That is just 25 miles, one way trip. I think that an after work social hour would have to rotate around a little bit. Plano, Addison, Frisco, etc.

I like the idea of spending some time on property. I had abuddy whoes FIL used to let us use his land. We would set up camp at the top of the hill and during the day, shoot down in the river bed. I stopped going when one of the participants got drunk and started throwing ammo in the camp fire. Inhad a .22 LR shell wiz by my ear. At that I left and never paerticipated in another weekender.

Over the Labor Day holiday I held a bullets, bar-b-q, and beer, outing with my (then) coworkes. A good time was had by all. If I were to make a suggestion, it would be something like a B,B, and B.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Agreed about rotation of meet locations but we have to start somewhere.

There will be no drinking on my land. Anyone who just cannot wait to start drinking will be asked to leave.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom