• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Let's see....It's 1am, the Father was on a prowler call to the house next door, the son had a knife and attacked the Dad even though the man was armed. The Father is guilty of nothing and the son definitely had a screw loose!

Was the son going to sexually assault the sister? The mask and the knife are strong indicators that he was up to no good.

I feel badly for the father but he was not the cause of this horrible situation.

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Tough crowd both here and in the comments below the article.

Adoptions usually are not inexpensive nor over and done with in 5 minutes. Teacher/husband with 3 bio kids, adopts siblings to save them from 'the system' and this sounds fishy to people? Where's the humanity?

I would be physically ill and likely vomiting too had I just killed my child, bio or adopted. Trajic situation.

And to those who think the boy was out to harm someone, my 1st thought was that he was simply playing a teenage prank. We may never know the truth now.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Tough crowd both here and in the comments below the article.

Adoptions usually are not inexpensive nor over and done with in 5 minutes. Teacher/husband with 3 bio kids, adopts siblings to save them from 'the system' and this sounds fishy to people? Where's the humanity?

I would be physically ill and likely vomiting too had I just killed my child, bio or adopted. Trajic situation.

And to those who think the boy was out to harm someone, my 1st thought was that he was simply playing a teenage prank. We may never know the truth now.

Teenage prank at 1 am with a mask and knife? I think my son would know better than to come at me with a knife......that's a little beyond prank.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Teens do stupid stuff and I often wonder how I survived some of my antics but, I didn't catch the Thursday (school night) 1st time around. The 'charging with a knife' is vague. Was it from 5' or 40' and how fast was he charging? I'm not defending the kid nor am I saying Dad wasn't justified in his response. As usual the article gives limited details so what we know is there is limited information at this time, a kid is dead, and the family is dealing with a horrible situation. Beyond that we can 'what if' it until next year.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My first thought was a prank too. My kids pull stuff, but they would know not to prank dad at 1am while I roaming around outside, cuz I'm going to be armed. Too sad. No one will ever know what went through the kid's head to do that. A real tragedy for the whole family.

Not sure what you were implying by saying it was "fishy" as I know those who have adopted under similar circumstances. I've even considered it myself.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Having grown up on the streets, teaching HS kids for 22 years and working in the Texas Prison system, it's true that I'm MUCH more inclined to think the worst. Prank? Bull crap! That young man was up to no good and I vote for sexual assault. He was going to force someone to do something and took pains to make certain that his identity was protected.

The Liberal media will spin the tale so it looks like the gun owner was at fault and the poor kid was minding his own business, at 1am, with a knife and mask. Give me a flippin' break!

We'll never be sure as the kid is dead but we CAN be sure that stupid decisions make dead people.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd be upset about having to shoot a teen even if he was about to break in my house and wasn't my own kid.

So much life left to live it's just a sad waste of a life. Don't get me wrong - I'd do it w/o hesitation - but killing someone like that is something you will never feel good about. I feel for the Dad, I'm sure he's torn up about it.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    One of my students was parked behind a QuikTrip store apparently casing it for a robbery. The cops came, JB fought with one if them was shot in the leg, he continued to fight until he was shot to death.

Another took a water tanker truck from the community Volunteer Fire Dept to have it refilled. On the way back, he was jacking around, swerving the truck, the water started sloshing, flipped the truck and it rolled and killed him.

Another was getting a ride home, fired up a doobie and both were smoking as they entered a series of tight curves. The car flipped and one died.

There are a lot more but you get the idea. All three kids were violating the law, messed up and died. Not a new story for me.

Flash

LeStrange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Austin
    I had heard of something similar to this incident a few years back. There was this teenage girl and she wanted to play a prank on her dad so she told him she was going to a sleepover at her friend's house. Well that night after she left she snuck back in her house and hid in the hallway closet. She started making noises and of course the dad heard. He got up, got a weapon, and went to check it out. Well soon as he opened the closet not knowing it was his daughter he stabbed what he thought was a masked robber. Only later to find out it was his daughter. Of course she died. If that kid was pulling a prank it wasn't a good one. I mean running with a knife at someone that his holding a cocked and loaded gun??? Not a smart thing to do. The only pranks I pulled as a kid was hiding behind a corner or lightly walking up on my Grandma or Uncle trying to scare them that way lol.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Giuliano saw a masked person holding a weapon come toward him in a threatening manner and shot him."

Mask + Weapon + Threatening Manner (at night) = justifiable homicide, prank or no prank.

Weep not for the masked assailant stuck on stupid.

Top Bottom