• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My father went to be with the Lord some years ago. His birthday was this month. Just been missing him more lately for some reason.

Wonderful Christian man, husband and father. His word was his bond. Saw combat in the Navy.

This song could well have been written as a tribute to him.

We need more like him today.

I have done by best to pass on his good name to my children. I only hope I am considered half the man he was when I leave this earth.
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Thankful my father is still around. I do try to visit him as much as possible. He turned 77 earlier this year, and is still in pretty good health. I try and learn as much as possible from him still.

My mother passed some years ago, and Mother's Day and her birthday are still hard to get through.

If your parents are still around, cherish any time you are blessed with to spend with them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pop died in 1982. There has been many times I missed his wisdom and caring since.
    If you had a Dad instead of just a father, I wish I could tell you that you will get over the loss. But I can't. Like most loss, the best you can do is except and learn to live without them.

When you were born, the world around you rejoiced while you cried. Live life so that when you go the world cries, while you rejoice.
    That was Pop. If that was your's, and I hope it was, you have been blessed.
    To all our Dads, may they RIP.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My Dad passed in 1964. I was 9. I don't remember his birth date. But even after so many years I get a small sad feeling before and for a few days after every May 9th.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If your parents are still around, cherish any time you are blessed with to spend with them.
    This is such sound advice. I am so lucky to still have both parents, but they are getting up there and I am definitely not looking forward to having to miss them daily. We moved from WA state in late 2018 to be closer to them and that part has been great. I am a lucky "kid".

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Miss my dad often. Dude was a legend of sorts. Good, godly man that left shoes too big to fill.

Gave me my love of baseball and hunting and guns. I’m grateful we passed the father-son relationship and entered the friend phase the year he passed.

Just before the funeral I stepped outside the family area for some air. They had turned on the speakers outside and a crowd 6-10 deep surrounded the building. The lobby was full too. Must have been 1000 people there. It was at that moment I realized the impact my dad had on people. I’m a poor imitation but I try.

Top Bottom