• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    Haven't seen much anywhere about the Daewoo DH40 (.40S&W). I saw it at a gun show in Dallas summer of 2005 and found it very interesting. What was particularly interesting was the "Fast action" feature (kind of halfway between DA and SA). Even though I had no idea that Daewoo made firearms it seemed solid enough and the price was good ($350 new as I recall) so I bought it.

I later found out that Daewoo supplied all of the small arms to the South Korean government so I didn't feel too awful bad about the purchase.

When I first started shooting it I got an unfortunate number of failures to extract. I checked the extractor and it looked alright. I found that if I super-lubed the ammo it lessened the problem. That suggested a chamber problem to me. I polished the chamber and the problem went away. Since then I haven't had any feed problems whatsoever.

The pistol feels very good in my hand and functions smoothly. It is amazingly (to me) accurate. The more I shoot it the more I like it.

I haven't mastered the art of taking great photos like many of you have but here's my attempt.
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• DH40 b.JPG
      DH40 b.JPG
      11.8 KB · Views: 165

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I'm not real familiar with that one, but it looks pretty good. Most pistols require a little TLC and break in. Sounds like you got it.

Unlike some, I am not surprised when a less expensive firearm can hang with the big boys. I have a Taurus PT-145 that has NEVER failed. Granted it hasn't been fired thousands and thousands of rounds because it is a carry weapon. It has however been fire at least a thousand with ZERO failures. Eats everything I feed it.

Sounds like you got one to be happy with. Congrats.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    Is the first trigger pull longer after pushing the hammer forward? I'm assuming that in "fast action" it keeps the hammer spring loaded at the single-action position but the hammer has to be drawn back, just not against the spring.

You are correct. When the hammer is cocked you can push it forward with your thumb (or digit of your choice) with the safety on or off. The trigger moves forward with the hammer but the spring stays under tension. Then when you pull the trigger it pushes the hammer back to the cocked position and is very light until the trigger gets to the single action position. Since I grew up on a govt 1911 single action is the norm for me so I haven't found a lot of use for it personally. But it is an interesting feature.

I will say that I was struck by the simularity between the DH40 internal workings and that of my wife's S&W Model 39. About the only difference I could see was the lack of a bushing in the DH40.

Based on my limited experience I would recommend the DH40 as an inexpensive but quality piece. My pistol is marked as imported by Century International Arms. I believe that there is a very interesting story behind this company that I won't go into in this thread. However, they do have quite a catalog of surplus arms and ammo for sale. Also magazines. If anyone is interested they can check out centuryarms.biz.

Top Bottom