• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I started this thread and then embarrassingly fell off the wagon. Not having the ability to workout at home and trying to make due with neighborhood runs was not working.

I joined a gym and started up again today. I think this will work out much better as the gym is across the street from work. I just get up, take all my crap, workout, and then shower at the gym.

My one gripe is that like every gym I go to with full services, they have circuit training equipment. Which is good because you don't have to plan your workout and can get all the muscle groups in. However, some moron always has to use one piece of the equipment even though there is a standalone machine or free weights that does the same thing. If you're going to do the circuit, do the circuit, otherwise stay off the machines!
    There is my pain. Some jerk wad during on a piece of equipment that I need, on there phone, and just looking around
    Venture Surplus ad

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    All this morning "Quit worrying about the pathetically small amount of weight and do your reps you pansy!!!"

Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill after circuit training. Thought about hitting the circuit again but needed to get to work.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Good. It's strengthening ligaments and tendons that are not used to being stressed. After a while you can really start stacking them on

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    No I did not slack off yesterday. I was going to the doctor to see if I had cancer.

Did you know there are 3 types of cancer? I had cancer, but there is also Cancer, and then there is CANCER. I prefer the kind that can be shamed away by a harsh Russian grandmother. Said I should stay clear since they caught it early this time, but I have to stay out of the sun.

3 miles today but not at speed. Felt pretty good and I keep hitting the circuit training so that I'll eventually be able to add weight (on the machines. I'm carrying plenty already).

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Hit the gym yesterday and did crossfit this morning.....diet is going well and my body is responding well!

See, I'm a bum. Have done NOTHING today.

The crossfit thing seems interesting. Trying to fit it into my schedule is difficult though. I did notice the gym I joined has a lot of the same equipment.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    See, I'm a bum. Have done NOTHING today.

The crossfit thing seems interesting. Trying to fit it into my schedule is difficult though. I did notice the gym I joined has a lot of the same equipment.
    I can usually piece enough together at a golds gym to do most WODs!

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Hope everyone is still at it. Short day today. Circuit training, trying to keep it light. Get a solid week under me and then start pushing next week. Only 2 miles put actually jogged a lap this time. I'll take some progress over no progress!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Pulling into the gym now! This semesters schedule allows for much more gym time and for the first time in a long time I'm excited to step on the scale this week!

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I've moved up my deadlift weight

Cool. This is my ultimate goal. Get myself used to working out, get used to doing some resistance, and then go old school. As much crap as deadlifts have caught in the last decade, they've been proven as one of the most effective strength training and overall healthy exercises.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Finally lost a little weight this week! Been running at least 2 days a week, lifting 2-3 days and then some sort of outdoor/fun activity to balance it out like a hike or swimming!

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Went to local high school and did a total of 4 stadiums with no rest (west to east is one). Got out on the track and jogged 2 laps at a medium pace. Next I did a total of four windsprints and finally tipped a tractor tire for 30 yards 3x with rest between every 30 yards.
    I've been doing this workout since April of this year and i have gone from 224 to 216. Not a huge weight loss but i also eat like it's going out of style. I do this about 2-3 times a week and i supplement this workout with weight sessions at the gym and 2 mile runs. The workout is free and i enjoy the break from the usual gym stuff.

will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    I just started working out again I work in oilfield usually 18-20hrs a day and the only time I would do any exercise was on my days off twice a week. In the three yrs in oilfield I've put on a significant amount of weight, I have a membership at STW Krav Maga and made excuses of not going. A friend of mine gave me the focus T-25 workout and started that three weeks ago and so far I lost 25lbs.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Sounds like a decent workout.

Diet does make a difference. When I want to get serious about losing weight I start watching calories. The types of calories matter though, so I try to stay away from sugar (which sucks because I have a sweet tooth) and carbs in general and start focusing on more protein.

Today was a gym blow off day. These days that means no weight training and an hour on the treadmill at "low" speed. (3.5 mph is my low right now) It's not super intensive but it burns a decent amount of calories, makes my body not get too used to skipping workouts, and puts just enough strain on my body that I feel something when I'm done.

Top Bottom