• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I've still been kicking ass 4x each week. I get 14-16 miles a week in HIIT and at least 4 hours of weights in every week. I am staying with higher reps at least 4-5 sets so I don't gain any more weight. Keep going to the gym guys. Keep eating right and do the easy stuff - no cream or sugar in coffee, lean meats 5-6 days/week, no sugar in tea, no sodas ever, skim milk if you do milk, fill up on veggies, watch your salt intake, cook for yourself, at least 4 days at the gym or playing sports. Remember- don't treat yourself because you think you had a bad ass day at the gym. That's just stupid.
    ARJ Defense ad

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Remember- don't treat yourself because you think you had a bad ass day at the gym. That's just stupid.

This is the most important thing. I'm not Hollywood, I can't do intense workouts 6 hours a day to prepare for a role. I get an hour and a half if I am lucky. A really intense workout MIGHT burn 500 calories but I bet my routine is closer to 300. A regular milkshake is between 1000 to 1500 calories. It is so easy to blow away all that hard work.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    This is the most important thing. I'm not Hollywood, I can't do intense workouts 6 hours a day to prepare for a role. I get an hour and a half if I am lucky. A really intense workout MIGHT burn 500 calories but I bet my routine is closer to 300. A regular milkshake is between 1000 to 1500 calories. It is so easy to blow away all that hard work.
    Exactly. I hear fatties leaving the gym talking about "I deserve a whataburger" while being a 250lb woman.

I have 1 day a week when I eat fatty red meat and some extra carbs for 1 or maybe 2 meals. I keep the portions small and I don't go too crazy. If Im not a good example anywhere it's how much I drink on the weekends- but hey football

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Popping T25 in the xbox tonight to start getting "ripped". Lol. My "Chunk" (the goonies) belly needs to go ASAP.

I'd be interested to see how that works.

I can't do workout videos. My coordination sucks and I get frustrated when I'm not doing it as well as the instructor. Just ends up pissing me off.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Trying to stay at it. I ran 4.6 miles in 31.92 minutes (avg. 6.55 min.mile) yesterday. I slept wrong and it made my upper neck feel like crap. I waited a day and felt pretty good so I went for the run. That was a mistake, my neck felt relly bad afterward. I'm just going to lay off of activities for a couple of day until it goes back to feeling normal. Weird thing is, I'm rather sure it's from sleeping wrong. I didn't lift anything heavy or do anything particularly dextrous the day before. Is this what getting old feels like?

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Is this what getting old feels like?

Two of the things I hate about being 40 is that I don't bounce back as quickly from injuries and more serious injuries I acquired in my 20's are coming back to haunt me.

My workouts are very goal based. I could easily do a basic workout of 30 minutes cardio and 20 minutes of resistance training plus watch my calories and lose weight. If I only wanted to lose weight that is exactly what I would do. Food choices impact weight more than workouts anyway.

My overall goal is to get in better health. More endurance == feeling better in general. I over-empathize cardio as a result. As my endurance increases I can go longer on resistance training anyway.

With that over-arching goal in mind, my workout goals are always -
    1. Increase my distance on my hour long run
    2. Increase my distance on my 30 minute run
    3. Increase weight every week on at least two machines (2.5 lb. 5 lb, 10 lb., I'll take anything so long)
    4. DO NOT PICK UP ANY NEW INJURIES!

Earlier this year I started a workout routine and did well until I got hurt. 2 weeks of recovery later and I just couldn't get back into it. Tried restarted and did good for about 2 days and picked up the flu.

Now that I've been going for over 2 months I feel good enough that a minor illness is not going to knock me completely out of my groove. An injury could put an end to it though. I cheat a little, the gym is literally across the street from my office so piddly excuses not to go are hard to justify.

Still, it was touch and go with my ankle a little over a week ago. I was very careful, went easy on it some days, but still managed to meet all my goals. I just couldn't go full out on the treadmill every day until it healed.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I resumed on Tuesday. Just took the intensity down this week after 5 days off. I'll start pushing myself again next week.

Chicagochris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    About 1 1/2 yrs ago I removed almost all carbs from my diet and began doing Muay Thai martial arts and lost close to 70lbs from 235-165 and still to this day keep carbs low jog a mile daily and take Muay Thai and love it

Chicagochris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    Cut carbs and sugar eat meats and high protein,drink lots of water exercise and be strict with this diet and weight will shed

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Cut carbs and sugar eat meats and high protein,drink lots of water exercise and be strict with this diet and weight will shed
    True.

Long write up on my progress-
    I went at it pretty hard and went from 165-205 in mass in a couple years. This year I decided to loose the mass and cut to look like a body builder. Then decided to cut some mass so I won't get fat later. Went to 183. I wanted to get back to a lean 175-180 but even with diet and more reps and sets with lower weight and tons of slower/stupid cardio I'm back up to 190. Not fat just muscled up still. My waist went down but I definitely gained in my back/chest/calves and of course I have an awesome beard.

I'm still trying to cut mass so I get down to 180-175. Losing muscle is harder than I thought. 4x a week in the gym. For a warm up I run 1mi and walk 1/4 uphill at 8.5% at 3.8mph. Then it's lower back and abs before weights. I have a chest and back day. A squat and leg day. An arms and chest day. Last day is longer lower back and abs and 2sets of 20 on back and chest. For cardio everyday after weights- 1/4 uphill at 9% incline 3.8mph- then 1/2 mi flat at 7.5 then uphill at 12%incline for 1/4 then 15% for another quarter until I get to 1.25mi. Then I run at 7.5 at flat till 1.75 and walk uphill at 13% till 2mi then 8% for a few minutes. I end with yoga and stretching for 5-10min.

Supplements are are stupid unless you are trying to gain weight. I take glucosamine and condroitin, vitamin c, milk thistle extract, generic Zyrtec, and magnesium when I'm sore. Magnesium is a solid muscle relaxer and it'll make you poop. I also drink black coffee when I need a Preworkout.

I drink at minimum 1 gallon of water each day. No sweets/sodas. Probably eat 12-18 eggs each week and a lot of chicken, fish, elk, deer, and lean pork. 1 day each week I eat potatoes and beef. I've been buying the steamable vegetables and I eat 2 or 3 packages a day. For carbs and extra fiber I eat beans with my meal after cardio sometimes with brown or wild rice. I drink beer on the weekends because it's football season and beer is awesome.

Hopefully by by next summer I'll look skinny but built like a soccer player, where right now I'm built like a baseball player or a cornerback/safety.

Chicagochris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    I would recommend Muay Thai kick boxing to anybody hands down best workout in my opinion I train at trinity Mma in waxahachie and use to train at triton Mma in chicago

Top Bottom