• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I was talking about going to a kickboxing class with somebody not the regular gym you don't just do a thing or two and bail in a martial arts gym besides not having somebody to go with will cause some not to do it just trying to be helpful
    Ya. Going with someone to a class session would help. Not disagreeing with you there. Solid info.
    I was just talking about lifting.
    Gun Zone Deals

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I was talking about going to a kickboxing class with somebody not the regular gym you don't just do a thing or two and bail in a martial arts gym besides not having somebody to go with will cause some not to do it just trying to be helpful

Yup, too bad you are on the wrong side of town. I'm North Dallas. Got a buddy in Waxahachie but haven't been down there in years. Hope that Double Dave's is still open down there. It isn't Chicago style pizza, but their pizza rolls are worth blowing a diet for.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A "before" picture that demonstrates my belief that I will radically change my body over the next year.

startpoint_a_zpsaf1a1a7b.jpg

Last edited:

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Carbs are not bad

Oh yes they are! Especially the modern processed ones!

Fat and protein are literally all the body needs to run.....carbs should only come from veggies and such and even then in limited amounts! Kick bread and sugary crap and the health of this nation would skyrocket in a matter of months....*steps down from soapbox*

Last week I was back to eating healthy and I started an internship in a hospital (meaning I went from sedintary to active over night) so I gave myself the week to adjust to being on my feet all day and today I added in the gym....excited to see where I'm at when internship is over in 6 weeks!

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Lost the beard eh Ben? Tell your PT you need to see the proper form for sun salutations, you'll thanks me later.

I did chest yesterday. I've got an exam tomorrow so I may or may not workout before hand. Just depends on how prepared I feel.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lost the beard eh Ben?
    When I retired a few years ago, I figured I'd pick up extra money doing Santa gigs. I have a friend who made a living at that and he was going to show me the ropes. As it turns out the wages aren't worth the trouble so I shaved it all off sometime back.

Tell your PT you need to see the proper form for sun salutations, you'll thanks me later.
    I really wish I knew what that meant. I get the impression it's something good. :)

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Just got back from the Gym. Spent a couple hours there. Did a 10 minute warm up on the exercise bike with lv 12 resistance, and did 3 miles. Went to The first machine, and did7 sets of 12 worked up to 6 45lb plates on each side. Man that was heavy but felt good! then went to the leg press machine, and did 6 sets of 12, worked up to 350lbs. Then to leg extentions, and did 6 sets of 12 worked up to 150 lbs. Calf Extentions, 6 sets of 20, worked up to 150 lbs. Did Bicep Curls (weak upper body, only was doing 30/35 lb weights there.) Then made the way to the other curl machine, and did 80 lbs 12 times, for 6 sets. Then did the 12 minute ab circuit Planet fitness has, and called it a day. >_>

(Edited to add in picture of "the first machine.")

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    When I retired a few years ago, I figured I'd pick up extra money doing Santa gigs. I have a friend who made a living at that and he was going to show me the ropes. As it turns out the wages aren't worth the trouble so I shaved it all off sometime back.

I really wish I knew what that meant. I get the impression it's something good. :)
    I've got my battle beard rocking
    View attachment 30913

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Really, it depends on the one saluting, but in general "good" is an understatement, magnificent may do it justice.
    I looked it up. No, I don't want to see her doing a proper sun salutation. The little notebook I carry around to record my activities would be insufficient cover for my reaction. :)

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Just got back from the Gym. Spent a couple hours there. Did a 10 minute warm up on the exercise bike with lv 12 resistance, and did 3 miles. Went to The first machine, and did7 sets of 12 worked up to 6 45lb plates on each side. Man that was heavy but felt good! then went to the leg press machine, and did 6 sets of 12, worked up to 350lbs. Then to leg extentions, and did 6 sets of 12 worked up to 150 lbs. Calf Extentions, 6 sets of 20, worked up to 150 lbs. Did Bicep Curls (weak upper body, only was doing 30/35 lb weights there.) Then made the way to the other curl machine, and did 80 lbs 12 times, for 6 sets. Then did the 12 minute ab circuit Planet fitness has, and called it a day. >_>
    The most you should be there is one hour. Anything after that you're taking to much time

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    The most you should be there is one hour. Anything after that you're taking to much time

I'm working out with a friend, and we use the same equipment, to get some rest between sets. I find it works well for me, since it gets me off my butt and out of the house and into the gym, so it can't be that bad!

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014

I'm working out with a friend, and we use the same equipment, to get some rest between sets. I find it works well for me, since it gets me off my butt and out of the house and into the gym, so it can't be that bad!

There should be a maximum of one minute between sets.
    All depends on what you're training for. cbig & koinonia, what's your overall objective? Power, endurance, fat loss, etc?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I disagree. I do at least 45 mins of cardio with 12-15mins of abs every time. I still hit weights for 20-30mins before I finish cardio.

Im not new to working out. I'm just trying to lose mass from earlier gains. If you're trying to bulk up I agree 45-1hr is all you need total but weight loss takes time doing cardio.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Here's a good article with some really good points

PJ Lifestyle 3 Great Ways to Waste Time at the Gym

Basically it lists -
    Stretching
    Warm-ups
    Failure to progress

Agree with them all. Even a little progress each week is better than no progress.

I am getting a little concerned though. An exercise that wasn't too bad seems to be getting harder even though I haven't changed the resistance. I've been doing 100lb. leg curls for weeks but the last couple of weeks I seem to be struggling even as I make gains on most of my other exercises. Not sure what is going on but I barely got my 3rd set knocked out today.

Top Bottom