• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Anyone know of any army/navy stores in the area? I know the one nearest to me closed down, most likely due to their exorbitant pricing. I also know amazon is the place to get alot of stuff, but if there is an army/navy store around, I'd like to check it out.
    Hurley's Gold

TxPoor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    Dallas
    Omaha Military on White Settlement Road in Ft Worth is great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Used to one on Harry Hines, near Royal, or Walnut Hill. Been a while since I've by that area though. And I think there used to be one on Forest Lane. Once again, been a bit.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    There's one on Irving Blvd in Irving. Unless they closed down, there used to be one on Gaston Ave. in Dallas and one on the southbound service road of I-35E in Carrollton. As for the one on Harry Hines, I've been to that one, too, years ago. I hope they haven't closed down since then.

Pork Butt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Texas
    The one in Irving is Porters Army and Navy store and pawnshop. They're still open and have lots of stuff. It's in the 3 or 400 block of East Irving Blvd.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    equin;1426416 ...there used to be one on Gaston Ave. in Dallas [/QUOTE said:
    That's it. Not Forest.

And didn't there used to be one on Garland rd. Or am I thinking of that Police supply shop.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Sorry, I thought it was Gaston, but it's actually Garland Rd in northeast Dallas. I went to that one a couple years ago, and I assume it's still open.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Anyone know if the one off I-35 in Carrolton is still open? Keep meaning to visit and seem to have lots of free time these days.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There is one in Garland. Just east of 635 on NW Highway I think. I was there last year I think. Lots of the standard stuff, with nice folks to deal with.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Years ago when I started to build up my stores I too was looking into all of the surplus stores in the DFW Metroplex. I soon found (at least for me) that the internet had caused most of the store to shutter. The internet might be your best place to look simply because of logistics.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    No doubt the internet has brought a lot of competition, especially to local Army/Navy stores. But for an old school guy like me, there's something about taking your kid to one of these stores and being able to see in person and actually touch some of the cool things they offer.

TxPoor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    Dallas
    No doubt the internet has brought a lot of competition, especially to local Army/Navy stores. But for an old school guy like me, there's something about taking your kid to one of these stores and being able to see in person and actually touch some of the cool things they offer.

This has always been my attraction for a place like Omaha's .. walking in and just seeing/touching the cool stuff there. Was that way when I first went there back in the early 80's to the last time I went in 2014. Something about it feels a little like stepping back in time.

rodloos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2015
    There is one in Garland. Just east of 635 on NW Highway I think. I was there last year I think. Lots of the standard stuff, with nice folks to deal with.

I believe that one just recently closed, saw a Going Out of Business sign there recently. I live close to there but never got around to going in.

Top Bottom