Dallas Cop fired, charged criminally.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Well they wasted no time firing him, and bringing up criminal charges. Obvious bad shoot was obvious to the chief too.

DALLAS –– Ofc. Cardan Spencer, the six-year veteran who shot a mentally ill man in the abdomen who was standing still with his arms at his sides, was fired on Thursday and charged with aggravated assault.
The results of an internal investigation found that Spencer violated the department’s deadly force policy and the standard operating procedure regarding mentally ill persons. Spencer was told of his punishment during a disciplinary hearing Thursday morning.

Chief fires officer who shot mentally ill man in the abdomen | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

just jk

TGT Addict
Feb 27, 2011
dee eff dub
crappy situation all the way around - especially after watching the video and comparing it with what the PD released before that

but they're doing the right thing now - at least so it would seem

hellishhorses

Well-Known
Oct 15, 2013
Eddy
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how our justice system works (sometimes). You would want the same investigation to take place if you were involved — on either side.

ETA: Damn, I've been surprisingly pro-LE today — and I didn't have donuts or bacon for breakfast :D.

just jk

TGT Addict
Feb 27, 2011
dee eff dub
i can think of quite a few instances in the last few years where Dallas cops were fired for misconduct -

none of them were saved by the union

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
I myself doubt he would have been fired if there was not video. Video really locks things down, especially to the statement.

He fired 4 shots, 1 hit. Victim is still alive and will probably recover.

karlac

Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2013
WestU, TX
I myself doubt he would have been fired if there was not video. Video really locks things down, especially to the statement.
Agree ... the body cam movement going on in PD's are going to change the game considerably. Not that it's a game.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Now that all evidence has been considered, proper action has been taken.

How long was that guy on?
DALLAS –– Ofc. Cardan Spencer, the six-year veteran who shot a mentally ill man in the abdomen who was standing still with his arms at his sides, was fired on Thursday and charged with aggravated assault.

Top Bottom