• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Heard Kaufman county has started it. I have a friend in Scurry.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Judge Strother is a good man. He has been critical of the emergency orders.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/gover...cle_fad8c2ca-68cd-5ab7-a82b-2475b7b31ca9.html

“I realize the situation we’re in is serious and requires a lot of sober reflection on what we do. I don’t want to minimize the danger being imposed on citizens. But I also have some questions about the societal effects of acting like lemmings, the long-term effects of one domino dropping, then another. The civil libertarian in me wonders how far the government can go in limiting association, assembly and the right of trial by jury, that sort of thing. Short term, we can adjust and deal with just about anything we face. But if this is as apocalyptical as some are suggesting, I see serious ramifications for a free people.”

“Personally, I’m considered essential to a government operation, but I have a grandson who just lost his job as a welder due to government action. He falls into the category of non-essential personnel. The government telling some people they can keep their jobs while telling others they can’t … I can think of many implications for our republic.”

“Our economy is the goose that lays the golden egg, if we don’t have a goose, we don’t have any gold either. Do we want to follow the Pied Piper, follow the lemmings off the cliff? There are implications we as a society need to consider.”

Strother also said the horse has left the barn.

“My wife went to an H-E-B store after the city came out with its decree. You talk about violating social distancing. Lines were out every door. This is the kind of impact this thing can have that nobody anticipates. People were up against each other.”

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think "losing jobs" may be overstated sometimes. There are no doubt examples of that. But there are many other examples I believe we will see where companies bring the same folks back to work when all this stuff gets lifted.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think "losing jobs" may be overstated sometimes. There are no doubt examples of that. But there are many other examples I believe we will see where companies bring the same folks back to work when all this stuff gets lifted.

IF it gets lifted before they run out of $$$, that is probably true. It’s still a problem, and if good folks get snapped up by somebody else, it’s still damaging. And yes, I know, you want to retain good folks. That goes for my co-worker 100%, but we already had clients behind on some big bills, had a 65% drop in sales, and there’s just no way we were going to make payroll and those of us left are taking a big cut.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I gave it one full pay period before significant impact was expected.

I was wrong; we’re seeing an 80% increase day over day in the number of individual ‘distressed’ account notifications consistently since last Monday.

We’ve got plenty of reserves, but it’s adding more risk each and every day at a rate that is outpacing our appetite.

We’ll take care of our members though.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Some folks live from paycheck to paycheck. Others may have some savings, but the layoff will quickly wipe that out.

The money that is gone is gone. Being rehired won't fix that.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I hope this is the case.

But there’s a big problem, methinks:
    All of our trading partners are also on lockdown, so money isn’t being spent.
    Anywhere.

No customers, no jobs.

Let’s pray that the global economy gets kick-started ASAP.

Once it starts rolling, there should be pent-up demand for goods.
    Assuming there’s enough real liquidity and banks don’t pull-back lending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    This economic storm could not be coordinated. Not possible... not with oil likely to tank and demand drop even further as the airlines park their airplanes and we stop driving.

https://t.co/9X68Y9jHvK

West Texas is gonna be hurting bad, y’all, and the whole Texas economy in general, too.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think the rebound is a great unknown as well.

It’s not like market forces tanked things like virtually every downturn before. The markets were strong...then the light switch was turned off.

This came outta nowhere, and fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think the rebound is a great unknown as well.

It’s not like market forces tanked things like virtually every downturn before. The markets were strong...then the light switch was turned off.

This came outta nowhere, and fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not out of no-where. If you looked at my browsing history (this is just one device), I've been reading and watched some YouTube stuff on the Corona Virus situation back in January and I think in December. I'm not buying for a minute that these authorities were completely surprised by this, and neither am I buying that this reactionary and over-reaching (from a Constitutional standpoint) disaster declaration isn’t calculated. You KNOW that some of these “smart” people read the upper tier business and global economy reports more than the masses who only see what the local TV station reports on.

1ed487cb20e24be30b8fe913fa6af7c7.jpg

Attachments

• 1ed487cb20e24be30b8fe913fa6af7c7.jpg
      1ed487cb20e24be30b8fe913fa6af7c7.jpg
      126.2 KB · Views: 437
    Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I live Ellis County but I work in Dallas County. I work in a medical supply warehouse, one the large suppliers.

We were given a company letter, all with our individual names on them stating that we supply hospitals with life saving equipment. The letter says that we need to travel to and from work, etc.

I didn't think it would actually get this bad that we'd need these papers.

Papers please.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    No, to the daycare itself. I guess they only accept kids from parents that are performing "essential" job functions. I thought it was kind of stupid. They had already enacted a bunch of protocols like, only employees and kids can go in, they can't have anything extra with them (even jackets) are screened at the door, only 50 kids can be there at a time and it's first come first serve, shortened their open hours by 3 hours, etc... My guess is they were trying to reduce the mad rush for people to get first come first serve to be part of the 50. They have like 9 rooms, so, they can break them up to groups of 6 or less kids per room.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    While I am working from home my son,his wife, and their 2 daughters (18 mo and 9yo) are here too. DIL works at night (she has essential job), son is between jobs, wife has essential job. Thus I have various levels of insanity going on here.
    Reckon you will be setting up an office in the garden shed soon...

Top Bottom