• navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Looks like about 12- 15.

Having not been to this range, I took a trot over there today. I brought a gun and ammo, but since I didn't have a lot of time, I figured if it was crowded I'd just look around and see what's up. It was not crowed at all except the tactical bay which only had a couple of open lanes, but people where coming and going so no real wait. The pistol, high power rifle and steel ranges were just walk right up. The folks at the check in center where very nice and helpful, and the RO was nice as well. Shot a 100 rounds through my HK P2000 and left.

That is a very nice range folks. Clean, safe and even though it's a little bit of a ride for me, I'll for sure be going back. Anyone on the fence about coming, I encourage you to come. If the weather is nice, We'll have a great outing.
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    This is still on right?
    ------------

I'm assuming so. Those interested should post back so we can get a rough head count. I'm in with Mrs Guy.

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    My wife and I will be there between 12:00 & 12:30. Come to find out we can't make it by 10:00 now.

If some are still shooting, great. If not I'll have to catch up with ya'll next time.

I'll be wearing a tan Thunder Ranch hat & carrying a camo range bag.

Eric

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My husband and I will be there as far as I know. I will be wearing my TGT Tshirt!

I look forward too meeting everybody :)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It looks like it'll be a little cool but nice other than that.

It is still this Sunday the 29th right?

Depending on how many are going to be there, it might not hurt to give them a heads up so maybe they can block a space. I haven't been there since they finished (if they have) the pistol range, but it was a pretty big expansion. And the $15 (thought it was $12 before) get's 1 target, but additional targets are cheap.

I won't be there but y'all have fun.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I'm going to try and be there. Depends on the wife's class schedule. Is the idea pistols only or are we going to be shooting on a portion of the range that we can do rifles as well? Also, they still got that no FMJ thing going out there for rifle rounds?

malladus

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    So, how many members do we have going so far?

Is everyone just doing pistol, or rifle too?

Are we going to have any competitions, games, or just get there and start shooting?

Are we still planning to go to lunch afterwards?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    A pistol each (Commander .45acp and M&P Compact 9mm). We'll be there at 10am and stay to shoot but I don'tthink we can stay for the eating part. We've got a house-hunting appt with our Realtor at lunch.

Anyone bringing an EMP 9mm??? I've been trying to find this for a while.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm planning on bringing pistols only. Since my wife is coming, I guess according to the rules, that's 4 guns. I'm thinking P226, P228, her SW637 and maybe a .22 Ruger.

Aenimated1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    I have been to Elm Fork and shot pistol many many times and have never heard of the two pistol limit; 5 bucks for every additional. If it is true they never enforce it.

And count me in. I will bring a coupla Sigs; not alot of people have shot .357 Sig and they should have a blast.

See yall there.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I talked to the gal at the range and told them to expect us. She said there's no tournaments or such going on and we should be able to be pretty much together for pistol and rifle in the tactical range or pistol range. If anyone wants to shoot 100 yard rifle, that's a different area, as is the steel pistol targets. For those that haven't been there, the check in office is at the very end at the top of the hill.

Hope the weather co operates (it's like winter out there right now) :eek:

Hope to see you all there.

Top Bottom