• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    Wife and I are shooting pistol only. A .357/38 revolver, Kahr CW9 and my new Para Carry 9. We won't make it til 12:30 or so and prob won't be able to do lunch. I need to run 300 break-in rounds thru the Para. That might take a couple hours.

See ya'll there!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Tonight the news said it will be cold on Sunday morning, warming to about 70F. That's good enough for me.

So.....how are we all going to find each other? Secret handshake or password? Or will it be particularly evident, seeing how knowledgeable we are about guns.........maybe I can scan the crowd for the brightest looking folks?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    how are we all going to find each other? Secret handshake or password? Or will it be particularly evident, seeing how knowledgeable we are about guns.........maybe I can scan the crowd for the brightest looking folks?

-------------------

Won't hurt to tell the folks at the office when you check in a pay that you're with the group. If we don't hook up at the office, and most are shooting pistol, then check in with the RO and tell him you're with the TGT group. I'll wear a tan cap with Niki logo.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yup, I was going to say the same. Mention to the guys at the front that you're part of the TGT group and they should point the way for the rest who come in after.

I'll probably be wearing my TGT Tshirt, but certainly will be wearing my brown Winchester cap.

44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Can't miss me - fat, old, bald guy with a plumbers' bag.
    I'll be with a new forum member who joined when I told him about the shoot.
    He's new to the sport but learning fast.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Woohoo! What a great morning!

We had a great time meeting everyone and we look forward to the next event. We took some pics and I'll have those up tonight. We're heading over to the Realtor's to chat about a house now.

Back in a bit!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    357.gif

Mag.gif

shoot.gif

Aenimated1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    That was the most fun I have had at the range in a LONG time! What great people!

It's funny I was watching Shorts shoot one handed and she is awesome!
    I asked her if she wanted to shoot my 229 in .357SIG; which can be tough to handle two handed much less one. So I show her how it works (although Im sure she knew). I put a mag in and did not rack it. I set it down for her to rack. She asked me if I can do it for her because she had limited use of her left hand. WOW. We had been there for an hour and a half at that time and I did not notice her disability. THAT is a girl who will not let anything get in her way! So I racked it, handed it to her, and she showed everyone watching how to "work" it. I was impressed. Everyone was impressed. A five foot tall sprite weilding a 44 ounce (unloaded) .357 Auto and putting all twelve in the 9 ring at 21 feet, awesome.

I cant remember the username of the gentlemen who educated me on the thumbs forward technique; thanks again. I owe you one.

Navyguy, call me if the Sig GOTM goes on the block! ;)

Lets do this again immediately.

Robert

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It was great fun. Everyone was on their best behavior. Shooting next to MO44 I should have doubled up on the ear protection ;).

Apparently I get a two thumbs forward from Aenimated1.:cool:

Next time we need more ammo.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Sorry for not making it, but Saturday night turned into a mess... I had to separately go pick up my daughter and her fiance who were attending batchelor & batchelorette parties and needed recovery.

Better safe than sorry.

Jeff B.

Top Bottom