• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    There is a great BBQ place just north of the Lewisville Bridge off I-35. Quail Creek is about 15 minutes from the BBQ place, so that might be an option.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    There is a great BBQ place just north of the Lewisville Bridge off I-35. Quail Creek is about 15 minutes from the BBQ place, so that might be an option.

I'm not sure you could drive that fast to make it 15 minutes. It's probably 15 miles, then there's traffic.

I'd almost recommend some place like Elm Fork though, just for the facility. That's also where the Meetup group has all the training and "Meets".

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    IM in for a BBQ and shoot, or whatever. I agree with JKTex, it's probably more like 30 minutes to Quail Creek from Hickory Creek BBQ right there just north of the Lewisville Lake bridge.

I was going to suggest Bullet Trap in Plano but I guess that would make things a little crowded if a bucnh of us show up. Besides they are pretty busy most of the time.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Bullet Trap for a meet

The Bullet Trap is also VERY picky about what guns and ammo are allowed to be shot in their facility. I will not go there again, because they don't allow me to shoot my favorites.

I don't know anything about either of the other ranges already mentioned, but I'm sure I'd be happy at either one if they will allow my .50AE.

flashguy

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm up for just about anything, except I really do not like Qual Creek.

Have not been to Elm Fork since they reopend, but hear it's pretty nice.

Indoor, there is DFW Gun range on Mocking Bird Lane.

willypete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    TDSA: High-performance shooting instruction in the Dallas area

i have been here a few times its real ....well its a kool place its not fancy or nice but they have what you need to shoot and have fun any ammo any caliber rapid fire as far as lunch goes there is a bbq place south of there in ennis or you could take a grill out there i think ..... i really liked this place because it seems to me that they exspect you to keep it safe and dont breath down your neck with a bunch of needless rules ....... willypete

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Although I'd be coming from the Fort Worth area, I'd probably Travel to Garland or TDSA if that what is decided, But I think something more central will get more people to come out.

We should start a sign up sheet of sorts to a rough count. That will also have a lot to do with which range can accommodate. So, I'll keep track of that if you'll post back your intent.

1) NavyGuy and maybe Mrs NavyGuy

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Wanted to post back to this yesterday when the thread was young but too many other things got in my way. The boss for one - lol!!!;)
    Yeah, this is a great idea and I am interested.
    I would be coming from the far south/west side of Ft.Worth, Dallas is not bad but out past Dallas "prime" I would have to pass. So I will keep watching and once a place is settled upon, if within my driving restraints, I am in!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom