• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbendtom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    hemphill, texas
    I would like to attend the "Dallas Arms Collectors Assoc." gun show, can't imagine 1800 table gun show if the information on the Texas Gun Shows list is correct. I would think this is the biggest show in the area? This is a 4 1/2 hrs trip for me and a night in motel. I have been to the Houston show, but I think the Dallas show may be a good trip. Could anybody give me info on the Dallas show, is this the one to attend? And are there any manufacturers attending this show? Been to Dallas only once in my life, I'm 70, guess its time to make the trip...Tom
    Venture Surplus ad

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i normally go to this show every time it's at Market Hall - i love it....not sure what other info you want - there are hotels VERY close by - as it's right off I-35 ...great show in my opinion

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    tbendtom, don't look into the Tulsa Arms Show then, it might cause you to go into vapor lock! That one usually has 4,000+ tables. If you are going to make a trip, I would plan on that one. It's only about 3 hours extra driving for you. Back in the day, the Astrohall show in Houston had over 3,000 tables.

TULSA ARMS SHOW!

cwadej

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Arlington
    +2 on the Tulsa show. Wannamacher rules! We already have our hotel reservation for Friday and Saturday. MArch 31, April 1.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Might be a problem if I were to buy a handgun.

Only if you are wanting a New In the Box one from a dealer. I think a Face To Face cash transaction with an individual would be easy enough. But if the NIB one is a really good deal, have them mail it to your nearest FFL and pay a small transfer fee.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    The dallas show is the best in the area, but it does not seem like 1800 tables.

the first time i went, they didnt have that second half of the hall opened up - since that first show i attended - that second hall gets more full each time....i dont know the full count of tables but i've never had any trouble finding a good deal or what i wanted at that show.

i cant imagine driving to Tulsa for a gun show....and i have lots of family in OK!

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Do many private sellers attend the Dallas Gun Show?

Went to the Tulsa show last year and it is awesome! It took some time to see all the tables and I never made it through the entire set up. Tulsa seemed like a great mix of new and used, dealer and private, modern and historical firearms.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Do many private sellers attend the Dallas Gun Show?

Went to the Tulsa show last year and it is awesome! It took some time to see all the tables and I never made it through the entire set up. Tulsa seemed like a great mix of new and used, dealer and private, modern and historical firearms.

yeah i think so - at least from my perspective - i picked up a 1965 Browning Superposed o/u 12 gauge from a guy who was selling his deceased father's collection

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    side note - there is a gun show in Lewisville this weekend - off I-35 - across the highway from Vista Ridge Mall - in the old Best Buy store - last time I went to this show - i thought it was excellent for a smaller show

j-rett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    denton
    ^hey is it just saturday or sunday? and what times? fees? Im just in denton and my parents live in flo mo so its just down the street from me.

I like to attend the market hall show every year...that is if i remember it haha

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    saturday and sunday - i think i remember it being 7 or 8 bucks.....9am start time saturday morning

take the round grove road exit and flop over to the east side of I-35 - down near garden ridge

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    side note - there is a gun show in Lewisville this weekend - off I-35 - across the highway from Vista Ridge Mall - in the old Best Buy store - last time I went to this show - i thought it was excellent for a smaller show

im not really looking to buy anything, but this is the 3rd - 4th time ive seen someone comment on it being good.
    maybe ill go just to see, lot closer than market hall and better neighborhood too

Top Bottom