• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    A Dallas lawyer shot and killed a 14 ft. 900 lb. alligator along the Trinity River in Leon County. The lawyer said he and his guide had spent two days stalking the gator. He plans to mount it on his wall.

Isn't it unusual to find a gator that large so far north??
    Lynx Defense

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Dallas lawyer Levi McCathern says he hankered after some monster alligator for live game hunting. On the stagnant waters of the Trinity River about two hours downstream from Dallas in Leon County, he and a guide found a 14-foot-long, 880-pound bull gator sunning himself on the river bank.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/06/22/2070536/gator-among-the-biggest-ever-killed.html

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7624983.html#ixzz1QFtdxTQB
    leongator.jpg

leongator2.jpg

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    When I lived in Irving, there were supposed to have been some pretty good sized ones living around the old flooded gravel pits on the southwest side. No idea how big "good sized" actually was, nor did I ever see any. I don't doubt they were there at all, there were way too many sightings for it to have been a hoax. I know we have them here in San Antonio. They just took one out of the Dominion two weeks ago that was bigger than anything I would want to mess with.

Damski...what a beastie.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    When I lived in Irving, there were supposed to have been some pretty good sized ones living around the old flooded gravel pits on the southwest side. No idea how big "good sized" actually was, nor did I ever see any. I don't doubt they were there at all, there were way too many sightings for it to have been a hoax. I know we have them here in San Antonio. They just took one out of the Dominion two weeks ago that was bigger than anything I would want to mess with.

Damski...what a beastie.

The biggest one in Irving was 7 feet I was there when they caught it, it had made a nest under the under the bridge at hunter farrell and story right by running bear park it was laying eggs. Thats a big ole gator that guy caught I would definitely be making me a pair of boots out of it.

Kilowatt3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Wow! That's some creative camera work! Managed to make a supposedly 14-foot gator look at least half again as big as it really is. I've been "up close & personal" with a 14-foot gator, and while they're sure as heck big (and scary), they're nowhere as big as those pics suggest.

Regards,
    Jim

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Wow! That's some creative camera work! Managed to make a supposedly 14-foot gator look at least half again as big as it really is. I've been "up close & personal" with a 14-foot gator, and while they're sure as heck big (and scary), they're nowhere as big as those pics suggest.

Regards,
    Jim

A 14 ft gator is still plenty big.......say about 14 ft long!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I used to tandem and solo canoe all around Anahuac which is the site of the annual "Gator Fest." There are some damned big gators hauled in there!

We were canoeing around Armand Bayou and way the heck up the channel away from folks. We saw a gator sunning itself along the channel and pretty much blocking our way so we sat there a while pondering what to do. I suggested that I pop it with the slingshot I always carried. My lady partner replied "Hell NO!" So we sat a while. Meanwhile, I'm comparing our 17'9" Old Town canoe with the gator. The lizard wasn't as long as the boat but pretty close! Finally, it slithered into the water making lots of bubbles. We paddled on right over the trail of bubbles. Talk about giving you a puckered up butt! I've had to swat snakes to keep them out of the boat but this experience was the worst I remember having in a canoe!

Flash

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    The link above had one comment following it. It made me spit coffee on my keyboard, so I thought I would share. I think she wants to pet the gator...

if you want to see an alligator, ill show you a alligator. we have one close to our neighborhood that i can probably say it is as least 16 to 20 long. he is longer than a 16 foot flat bottom boat and it is huge. She is big around. Almost i think she is female, because she always by the babies. But not for sure. I havnt got a pic of her yet. it would take about three good size people to reach around her. Now that is an alligator!! she never bothers anyone always goes into the water when you get to close to her.

Top Bottom