• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, there are a number of Texas sheriffs/police chiefs that are against law-abiding citizens carrying firearms, something that shouldn't concern them one bit!

Even the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas has tried to curtail open carry, citing attacks on officers as justification...

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07/23/texas-law-enforcement-groups-brace-gun-funding-leg/

But I will add most of the officers I know support the legal carry of firearms!

Cheers! M2

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep, no surprise. Don't think I would be surprised if most the sheriffs along the liberal corridor are on board with Bloomberg.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The C.O.P.s in the know, realize that concealed carry leads to gunfights & blood in the streets. It's a well documented side effect of CC. :green:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    "Empty cartridges and blood lined the gutters of the street..."
    - The Marshall Tucker Band; Fire On The Mountain

--
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    1. I have reservations about Federal CC laws, in that if they can regulate other states in one way, then they can in another way (aka later change it to NYC level CC requirements).

2. However, that aside, she is not supported by the weight of demonstrable evidence at this point, over decades now.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Zinc, you raise a good point; however, as long as the so-called "national" reciprocity is envisioned as just being an acknowledgement of another state's licensing act, then I think the concern shouldn't play a big role. In other words (as the article pointed out), the idea is to not force a change of cc rules onto a state that's different than what their citizens have allowed. A cc traveler would still have to know AND comply with all the nuances inherent in individual state laws (which strikes me as still being a little "risky" for the cc'er). However, as pointed out, it has worked out well for driver licenses so it seems like it could be made to work for cc.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Zinc, you raise a good point; however, as long as the so-called "national" reciprocity is envisioned as just being an acknowledgement of another state's licensing act, then I think the concern shouldn't play a big role. In other words (as the article pointed out), the idea is to not force a change of cc rules onto a state that's different than what their citizens have allowed. A cc traveler would still have to know AND comply with all the nuances inherent in individual state laws (which strikes me as still being a little "risky" for the cc'er). However, as pointed out, it has worked out well for driver licenses so it seems like it could be made to work for cc.

You bring up a fair point about driver's licenses.

Last edited:

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    You bring up a fair point about driver's licenses.

Traffic laws are largely the same throughout the country. There might be different penalties for traffic offenses, but the laws are the same. As pointed out in the thread, the CC laws vary from state to state, so I don't think the analogy to driver's licenses works here.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Traffic laws are largely the same throughout the country. There might be different penalties for traffic offenses, but the laws are the same. As pointed out in the thread, the CC laws vary from state to state, so I don't think the analogy to driver's licenses works here.
    There are some traffic law differences in other states and it never hurts to know them, but the major rules are the same, basically common sense applies. The same can be said about states that Texas has reciprocity with now. I believe if there were a national reciprocity the basic rules, with minor differences, will be much the same. Penalties on the other hand, especially in states that push gun control, will vary.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    So they add another hour to the licensing course that covers the 50 states' law differences. Big deal there? Naw

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

But what about the differences in driving tests between states. If one test is easier, should they still be allowed to drive in another state?

And not all laws are always the same. Many years ago I returned to Kalifornia for a business trip. Hadn't been there since I lived at Pendleton. Traffic really, really, really sucked, but there was this lane to the left that a few cars were using that was cruising along nicely. Had some symbol I had never seen in a traffic situation painted on the pavement, but it appeared to be a normal traffic lane and other cars were using it so I did too.

Turns out that was the HOV thing and I had never heard of it. Luckily I didn't get caught, but I did make some good time. I'm guessing my ignorance of the law would not have helped me if I had been pulled over.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If one test is easier, should they still be allowed to drive in another state?

They're apparently allowed now.... pretty sure I've seen some drivers in Dallas who didn't have to take ANY test!
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bad D is a sh*thole. It is a big city and blue so what do you expect. You got a leftist sheriff, a county commissioner that is corrupt and just ended a federal criminal trial, the prior DA was a drug user that couldn't show up for work and also batsh*t crazy, the DA before that was a lazy democrat and probably a criminal, and the current mayor has tried to screw police and fire out of their pensions.

Top Bottom