• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    I saw this on another board, and thought I'd share the info here: Women's Shooting Group

Women's Shooting Group

NO BOYS ALLOWED!
    The Dallas Pistol Club's Women's Shooting Group has been established to provide a comfortable atmosphere for women who are interested in shooting. All ages and experience levels are welcome. Experienced women shooters will lead a safety discussion at the start of the meeting, then cover a topic of interest, before moving to one of the bays for some hands on live fire drills. The agenda will vary based on the needs and desires of the women attending.
    You do not need to be a member of the club to attend, nor do you need to have any prior exposure to shooting, just an interest. Trained Range Officers (ROs) will walk you step by step through loading ammunition, aiming, and firing, with a special understanding of a woman's needs (because we're women, too).

There is no cost to attend and we invite you to bring along any other female friends or family who might be interested. Meeting Dates

Meetings are held the 3rd Saturday of the month, starting at 9:00 am. We will meet in front of the clubhouse to discuss safety and answer any questions before moving to the range for live fire exercises. Topics and courses of fire will vary, depending on interests and skill levels of the women attending.

Meetings are currently scheduled for the following dates:
    • November 15, 2008
    • December 20, 2008
    Additional Information

Eye Protection - Shatterproof sunglasses, lab safety goggles, and shooting glasses are welcome. Regular sunglasses and prescription eye glasses typically do not provide adequate protection, in the event of a ricochet. Injuries are rare, but eyesight is important! Spares are available on a limited basis.
    Ear Protection - Ear plugs, ear muffs, and electronic muffs are welcome. Low cost disposable foam ear plugs are available at drugstores, usually marketed for sleeping.
    Firearms - Your personal or borrowed firearm and ammunition must meet club requirements:

Dallas Pistol Club Approved Caliber List

DPC_Approved_Calibers.png

It will be inspected prior to use, for safety reasons.
    Men - Are strictly forbidden. Male members may bring their wives/girlfriends/fiancees/someone they're hoping to impress, but must move to another bay to shoot separately. However, assistance setting up/tearing down the course would be appreciated, so that no one breaks a nail.
    Email womensgroup@dallaspistolclub.com for more information.

Sounds fun!
    Venture Surplus ad

Removed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I spoke with them and they are pretty full.

I was thinking of doing a woman's event in my group lately and have been so busy with the 8 events/month we've been having each month lately I haven't had a chance to plan one.

I think it's just been moved to the top of my list!

Top Bottom