• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is anyone else rethinking their concealed carry? I am. I don't know if I could have helped in Dallas last Thursday night but I could have, I would have. Even here in Texas these truly sick people are here and we may have to deal with them. If the police are having a hard time, I better get on the ball.

I've starting carrying my backup gun again religiously and an extra mag for my primary gun. In the last couple months I was letting those things slip. Would a backup gun help you in a mass shooting? Sure... Like any other gun it gives me options. I like to hang out with gun people and professionals. Most of them are always armed like me. Sometimes they may not be. It would be nice after hearing multiple rifle shots continuing to hand my extra gun to someone I trust and then have two of us to fight. If my family is with me and I decide to go back to help once they are safe, I can always give my extra gun to my wife (who I can't get to carry yet, but working on it) so she has something to protect herself and my kid. It just gives me options.

An extra magazine for my primary gun is just a smart thing to do. If you are going to carry a gun, an extra magazine seems like a good idea. If you think about going up against a mad man or women with a rifle and they are dedicated to kill as many people as possible and give their own lives doing it, more ammo and more gun is better.

Things like this even want me to put a rifle in my EDC bag just in case.

What do you think? Has it changed the way you carry? Should I change what I'm carrying?
    Hurley's Gold

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The problem I see in the Dallas situation is that you don't have a sign that says "don't shoot-----I'm a good guy".
    No uniform and you might be mistaken for 'one of them' (the bad guys).

I would be ready to defend myself but probably not brandish a weapon unless/until it was absolutely necessary.
    I would likely keep my hand on it (still concealed).

Urban areas bother me (too many people, too impersonal).

bob

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    With all that has happened within the last 12-16-18 months or so, I won't say it's changed, or affected my carry habit(s) at all. What is has done though, is made me more cognizant of my surroundings and my ability, or lack thereof, to act in a responsive manner. Whether that be at the corner 7-11 or at the VA. It's gotten me in the habit of situational and physical awareness that is a bit more heightened. It has also made me realize that I REALLY need to start looking into getting better trained. In both the firearms and the "tactical" side and the medical and first aid/trauma side.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How would you know (immediately) that you are not shooting at another "good guy" like yourself, once you get involved?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    in that situation where the bad guy is in armor has a rifle and is at a distant range nope I am taking cover if I am alone. Its not my job to save the world if they are not willing to save themselves by being armed why should I step in and risk my life for someone that is probably anti A2

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    SO an extra mag for a 1911 so you have 15 rounds or just carry a plastic gun and have 16 with one mag

Is anyone else rethinking their concealed carry? I am. I don't know if I could have helped in Dallas last Thursday night but I could have, I would have. Even here in Texas these truly sick people are here and we may have to deal with them. If the police are having a hard time, I better get on the ball.

I've starting carrying my backup gun again religiously and an extra mag for my primary gun. In the last couple months I was letting those things slip. Would a backup gun help you in a mass shooting? Sure... Like any other gun it gives me options. I like to hang out with gun people and professionals. Most of them are always armed like me. Sometimes they may not be. It would be nice after hearing multiple rifle shots continuing to hand my extra gun to someone I trust and then have two of us to fight. If my family is with me and I decide to go back to help once they are safe, I can always give my extra gun to my wife (who I can't get to carry yet, but working on it) so she has something to protect herself and my kid. It just gives me options.

An extra magazine for my primary gun is just a smart thing to do. If you are going to carry a gun, an extra magazine seems like a good idea. If you think about going up against a mad man or women with a rifle and they are dedicated to kill as many people as possible and give their own lives doing it, more ammo and more gun is better.

Things like this even want me to put a rifle in my EDC bag just in case.

What do you think? Has it changed the way you carry? Should I change what I'm carrying?

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    Here we go! ................................. Just wear a vest with multiple loaded mags, or have multiple guns, or carry an AR with a 100 rd. drum, etc., etc.

You mean your tactical gun with your tactical vest that carries high capacity, 30 round clips? :D

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    What if you can't get out. You see the bad guy about to kill another person/police and you have a clear shot at the bad guy. Would you take the shot?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hopefully I will never be in that situation, but I hope that I could, yes.
    And like the guy in East Texas, and like the Dallas shooting, you get the attention of the body armor clad dude with the RIFLE who then turns,,charges you and fires multiple rounds at you while closing.

Besides die, what do you guys imagine you will do?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom