Lynx Defense

Damn - Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    yep, checked my status this morning and got this message -Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent. - I assume this is for prints, the guy taking my prints at the CHL class took one set twice because my ridges were worn and he stamped in Red "Best Prints Obtainable" and his ID# . What are my best next steps - other than assuming it prints and waiting for the letter from the DPS?

Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Go to one of the DPS approved finger print locations to get electronic versions taken. They gurantee them, so that should fix you up....

since you posted this, I went and checked mine (I had checked it last night and it said Processing) today it says Approved. Guess I will be getting mine in a couple days, its been about 90 days or so....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, call the local PD and ask if they do CHL prints and if they're electronic. I know the Lewisville PD has it. I went in there on a Saturday morning and got it done, take $10 to pay the clerk.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Yeah, call the local PD and ask if they do CHL prints and if they're electronic. I know the Lewisville PD has it. I went in there on a Saturday morning and got it done, take $10 to pay the clerk.

Don't tell me you're starting again sending in new prints :eek:

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009

there is a local (SW Houston) FAST office, I will wait for the letter and if it is prints, I will just pay the DPS the 10 and have it done. I expect in the near future the DPS will push for accepting FAST prints only.....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    there is a local (SW Houston) FAST office, I will wait for the letter and if it is prints, I will just pay the DPS the 10 and have it done. I expect in the near future the DPS will push for accepting FAST prints only.....

Electronic prints are electronic prints. What they do is scan it on this plexiglass type pad, which displays them on the screen in real time. Like a live scanner. The computer will evaluate the print and tell you it is acceptable or reject it. If it acceptable to select it and move to the next finger. The computer will save all your prints then print it on your fingerprint card. If the print is rejected, the officer wipes the scan surface and tries again. It is not the normal ink printing.

Whereever you go, ask if they use the electronic prints.

Hopefully your app doesn't drag out.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Electronic prints are electronic prints. What they do is scan it on this plexiglass type pad, which displays them on the screen in real time. Like a live scanner. The computer will evaluate the print and tell you it is acceptable or reject it. If it acceptable to select it and move to the next finger. The computer will save all your prints then print it on your fingerprint card. If the print is rejected, the officer wipes the scan surface and tries again. It is not the normal ink printing.

Ditto. This was my experience with Selma PD. My instructor told us we were nuts to go anywhere else, including FAST. The officer doing mine was cool. Even though the computer didn't reject any, he said he knew the FBI was real picky, and chose to re-do two of mine. Good experience with Selma PD, and no application problems.
    Go electronic or risk a delay.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009

Whereever you go, ask if they use the electronic prints.

Hopefully your app doesn't drag out.

turns out it wasn't the prints after all>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Talked to the DPS since the detailed letter has not yet arrived - the info that is missing is that I did not list a second home address in my history, just the address where I have been living in Texas since I moved here in 1997....the same with my employer - same for the past 35 years, but that needs to be stated on the back.....what a crock! In my class we were told you did not need to go back further than 10 tears, well apparently that has changed.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I always thought my fingerprints would be kicked back

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Aw man :(

You wanna know why? They have temps working to initially accept apps but those temps are too"untrained" to know what should be there and what shouldn't. Apparently they can't use critical thinking skills or deduction.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Aw man :(

You wanna know why? They have temps working to initially accept apps but those temps are too"untrained" to know what should be there and what shouldn't. Apparently they can't use critical thinking skills or deduction.

that is just about what the person I spoke to said.........anyways.....got the letter today and typed up a reply stating dates for home and employer. back in the mail to dps/austin tomorrow>>>>>>>>> the adventure continues

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    The people doing this initial checks dont really have any more authority except to check the application for missing info and are probably typical government employess. They dont get paid to think. I guess its kind of like congress.

Anyway, I hate to tell you this but I will relate my story since I have been there. I turned my application in around the end of January. On my app, I missed the previous residential back history by 2 months and it got kicked out. They mailed it back to me in February and I sent it back the next day. They didnt post it received for another 6 weeks. When I called them to ask why this is what I was told. Unless you send it back " signature required registered mail" They have no earthly idea whether or not they even have it and will not look to see if they do. They told me to check online every Friday because that is when they update the system. My status finally moved to application processing. I called them a few weeks ago here is what I was told. Because my application(mailed in January) didnt get updated and posted until the end of March, I got put into the April applicants. So it was sent to wherever the closest ATF office to do the background checks(they do NOT do them in Austin)

To make a long story short, I got my CHL in the mail Friday after a total of 7 months, all because of a 2 month oversight on my past residential history. They told me current applicants with no problems on there applications are looking at 6-7 months, if there is any missing info or problems with your app, who knows.

So, all I can suggest is, make absolutely sure your application is 100% correct before you send it in. If you get it returned to you, send it back certified mail with signature required. What you have to realize is that you are dealing with a typical govenment agency and these people get paid by the hour, cannot think for themselves, and the only thing they get in a hurry for is their next government sponsored break or vacation. And 1 more thing, from the people in Austin that I talked with over the last 7 months, I can assure you, none of them care if you get a CHL or not, if you know what I mean.....

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I had no problems on mine and it was approved in about 4 months....course I haven't received the license in the mail yet, so its not officially here yet, but I noticed on the website Friday before last it was approved....now I am just waiting on the license to arrive,,,,kinda surprised its taking this long since I'm only 30 miles from the main HQ

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Just got a letter back on my app saying prints were bad. They included the info for FAST Electronic Fingerprinting. The only problem is I used the FAST prints the first time!!!!!!! All this after they challenged my address as invalid. Now that's all good, and they pull this stunt. Gonna call in the morning and see if anyone in Austin can answer my questions.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    We've had very few returns on fingerprints. Usually it's the ones we expect to get back. We suggest that our students with problem prints do the FAST option before submitting, but they rarely do.

Lately, however, we've been getting rejections blaming the FBI. DPS has also blamed FBI for the background check backlog.

We get so many stories, and then we get explanations from insiders that "your photo is pixelated" really means they lost it or didn't feel like processing it. I don't know what to believe anymore. Kymberly and I are up for our instructor renewal, so I plan to ask a bunch of questions. I'm sure I'll make lots of friends.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom