Damn - Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Maxpower, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009
    yep, checked my status this morning and got this message -Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent. - I assume this is for prints, the guy taking my prints at the CHL class took one set twice because my ridges were worn and he stamped in Red "Best Prints Obtainable" and his ID# . What are my best next steps - other than assuming it prints and waiting for the letter from the DPS?

Thanks

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Shorts can help ya!!!
    She's been there - done that!
    Good luck!!!!

3. kerryp

kerryp Active Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Go to one of the DPS approved finger print locations to get electronic versions taken. They gurantee them, so that should fix you up....

since you posted this, I went and checked mine (I had checked it last night and it said Processing) today it says Approved. Guess I will be getting mine in a couple days, its been about 90 days or so....

4. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Wait for the letter.....

If it is finger prints, I'd find a PD that uses electronic as kerry said.

5. Doug

Doug New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Baytown, Texas
    Incomplete

I got same, application incomplete. Story is under, "Check Status" thread last page.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sent mine in in April - got that nasty letter in late May - fixed problem - still waiting.

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, call the local PD and ask if they do CHL prints and if they're electronic. I know the Lewisville PD has it. I went in there on a Saturday morning and got it done, take $10 to pay the clerk.

8. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Don't tell me you're starting again sending in new prints :eek:

9. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009

there is a local (SW Houston) FAST office, I will wait for the letter and if it is prints, I will just pay the DPS the 10 and have it done. I expect in the near future the DPS will push for accepting FAST prints only.....

10. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Electronic prints are electronic prints. What they do is scan it on this plexiglass type pad, which displays them on the screen in real time. Like a live scanner. The computer will evaluate the print and tell you it is acceptable or reject it. If it acceptable to select it and move to the next finger. The computer will save all your prints then print it on your fingerprint card. If the print is rejected, the officer wipes the scan surface and tries again. It is not the normal ink printing.

Whereever you go, ask if they use the electronic prints.

Hopefully your app doesn't drag out.