• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have been waiting on my new drivers license. My LTC came pretty fast, but I figured that they do more ID’s and licenses.

Final I send them an e-mail asking about it. They informed me it was sent to my old address. WTF they think I put a change of address in for? Their reason being it was the address linked to my old email address!

I have an appointment with them Monday morning because I couldn’t get it sorted out online. Seeing as I’m going in & they are going to charge me more money I figure they can shoot a new picture and I dug out my birth certificate. So I can get gold star.
    DK Firearms

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You may need more than birth certificate.
    Here's a rant thread where it's covered.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I did an online address change on our DLs about a 1 1/2 weeks ago. I still have access to my old mailbox so we'll see where ours show up.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    DPS needs some sorting out to do. Had the same experience, but it was for a car registration that was sent to an old address.

They did waived the penalties and fines.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    DPS needs some sorting out to do. Had the same experience, but it was for a car registration that was sent to an old address.

They did waived the penalties and fines.

That does remind me. I paid off the wife's car in April 2020 and never received title. The financial institution had sent me mail stating they had notified the state and I later called them to confirm. I assume TXDMV sent it to my old address which no longer forwarded mail since it had been past 1 year. I had to send in various info to TXDMV, VTR-34 form, pay a few dollars and wait 2 months before they finally sent me a certified copy from Wichita Falls. Luckily I had kept the letter from the financial institution since that too was required documentation.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Have you seen people who work at DPS? Wrong addresses should be sorted out by computer, what's the term? Shit in shit out, something to that affect.

Reactions: MTA

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Agreed, smart people don't have any desire to work for the government. So it leaves the other kind. The "I want $15/hr" kind, whether they deserve it or not.
    I saw a guy at the DMV who we fired from our company years ago for utter incompetence and lewd behavior. He is the smartest employee of the month at the DMV office. *facepalm*

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well that actually went pretty well! Don't get there earlier then 30 before scheduled! Sign in waited about 3 minutes one on one in an office. Nice lady, dig my upgrade to a gold star license & renewed. Hope I live another 10 years to get my money out of it!

What all info did they require?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's a reason they state right on the website to do your DL address change first, then wait to do your LTC. ;)

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    There are a lot of veterans, LEOs, and just plain old public servants, active and retired, on this board. They might take issue with that statement.
    Mea culpa, I did not realize that LEOs and veterans are viewed as government employees. I did not mean to step on anyone's toes but you know what they say, "the offense is in the eye of the beholder". People are free to take an issue with anything they please, this is a free country (or what's left of it).

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Mea culpa, I did not realize that LEOs and veterans are viewed as government employees. I did not mean to step on anyone's toes but you know what they say, "the offense is in the eye of the beholder". People are free to take an issue with anything they please, this is a free country (or what's left of it).
    I dont view cops or military/veterans as government employees. When I was in the military I thought of myself more of as an indentured servant. I think you were speaking about civilian government employees

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have to go to the DMV today & renew in person. Luckily i was able to make an appointment, so hopefully the line wont be too bad.
    Do not get there to early! Computer kiosk won’t let you sign in until 30 minutes before your appointment. When I went one guy before me, no one else. When he came out I got called. You still have to fill out a form, but it doesn’t take long.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My license came today. Damn if there ain’t a bunch of security measures on it! What’s up with the big picture, some kind of facial recognition shit? The little holographic picture with my birthday is pretty slick!

Top Bottom