• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I want a good 4-gun (relative size) range bag that I can use to carry all my junk. I want to spend under $100 and want the best quality I can get in that price range.

What do you guys suggest?
    Target Sports

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I know this thread is old, but I picked up one of these a few months ago. Its a little bit over $100 but its a great bag and has tons of room and a removable center pouch. The price on Midway USA where I bought mine is $119. There's tons of room for everything you might want with you at the range.

TacticalRangeBag.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's not old, I just made the thread! LOL.

Manufacturer and model of the bag? That one looks about what I'm going for, perhaps a tad smaller.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    It's not old, I just made the thread! LOL.

Manufacturer and model of the bag? That one looks about what I'm going for, perhaps a tad smaller.

Wonder what date I was looking at LOL.

That bag is made by 5.11 Tactical Shooting gear. Bought it from Midway USA a few months ago. According to their website they're currently out of stock but back orders are accepted. Here's the link.

MidwayUSA - 5.11Range Ready Range Bag Nylon Black

I only have 2 pistols which I throw inside the bag in the main pouches in the zippered center compartment along with my ammo. I also have a glock mat which is in the bottom of the bag. The bag is pretty large, although its very manageable for the range. You can also put guns in the outside zippered compartments, which I would do if I had more guns, but at this time unfortunately I don't.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Here's one that's slightly smaller and a bit cheaper at $78-86 depending on color choice. This one is made by CED, and available from Midway USA also.

CEDProRangeBag.jpg

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Its only meant for one gun, but the Maratac Range Bag on countycomm.com could probably be adapted to carry four if you wanted a slimmer option to those listed.

I love mine, but I only carry one gun in it.
    I have a thread on it.
    Its only around 70 bucks.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Wonder what date I was looking at LOL.

That bag is made by 5.11 Tactical Shooting gear. Bought it from Midway USA a few months ago. According to their website they're currently out of stock but back orders are accepted. Here's the link.

MidwayUSA - 5.11Range Ready Range Bag Nylon Black

I only have 2 pistols which I throw inside the bag in the main pouches in the zippered center compartment along with my ammo. I also have a glock mat which is in the bottom of the bag. The bag is pretty large, although its very manageable for the range. You can also put guns in the outside zippered compartments, which I would do if I had more guns, but at this time unfortunately I don't.

Here's the same bag, MidwayUSA branded. It's sold under many different names including high end shooting supplies names. An RO saw mine and got sick. He'd just bought it, branded as another name, for $120 and as he went though mine, he said other than color, it was the exact same bag.

I had just missed the $29.95 sale and pad $39.95 which it's been for a year. They keep showing it as being on sale with a regular price of $60. I've never seen it higher than $39.95.

It's huge, but it's a great bag!

MidwayUSA - MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I have an iShot on that I got at a gun show. VERY similar to the one in lonewolf's post. Paid around $75 for it. I think they also make a bigger one.

Skyjunky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Here's the same bag, MidwayUSA branded. It's sold under many different names including high end shooting supplies names. An RO saw mine and got sick. He'd just bought it, branded as another name, for $120 and as he went though mine, he said other than color, it was the exact same bag.

I had just missed the $29.95 sale and pad $39.95 which it's been for a year. They keep showing it as being on sale with a regular price of $60. I've never seen it higher than $39.95.

It's huge, but it's a great bag!

MidwayUSA - MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black

This is what I have. Great buy for $40.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I have an iShot on that I got at a gun show. VERY similar to the one in lonewolf's post. Paid around $75 for it. I think they also make a bigger one.

Yes, actually I think there's 3 sizes of them, although not listed on Midwayusa. I bought the largest one and its great tons of room for anything I'd like to take to the range, and plenty of room for magazines and ammo. If you have a 1911 or similar with single stack magazines you can fit 2 magazines in each of the mag pouch slots. Which is what I did, kind of split it in half and carry half with 1911 mags and the other half with Glock mags.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I like HK's Pro Shooter range bag. $99. I have their smaller range bag and I like it.

Yet another of the same bag from Midway above, branded HK. It's also branded for Glock and usually sells for a little less.

The same bag is branded for many, many different companies with the only difference being that usually, the higher end priced brands, are also available in other colors. The rest are only available in black.

I'm surprised the higher priced ones are still selling, unless there really are that many people that will pay $40 to $80 more for a different name on the side.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Great. All this talk about range bags and now I wanna make myself one with the random leather I have sitting around. Way to go guys

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm surprised the higher priced ones are still selling, unless there really are that many people that will pay $40 to $80 more for a different name on the side.

Hundreds if not thousands.

I personally will take the $40 bag, and buy a $5 HK patch

Team Cheap-Ass!

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I got the $39.95 bag from Midway and it has held up really well so far. They now have a smaller size bag so I ordered one today to give as a present to my son. There seems to be a lot of copies and names on similar bags but the Midway bag looks to be the best buy so far. They seem to be selling a lot of them. I'll take my savings and buy more ammo.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have this bag and have been very happy with it. It has two separate pistol sleeves, but I regularly carry 4-5 handguns in it with ease.

Large Range Bag

I paid $75 for it locally, prior to a recent price increase, and I am hoping that JKTex cannot show me where it is a rebranded version of a less-expensive bag.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have this bag and have been very happy with it. It has two separate pistol sleeves, but I regularly carry 4-5 handguns in it with ease.

Large Range Bag

I paid $75 for it locally, prior to a recent price increase, and I am hoping that JKTex cannot show me where it is a rebranded version of a less-expensive bag.

Nah, that looks like a knock off of the $40 bag.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom