• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Just hung up from ordering a stainless Phantom QD in 5.56. Should be at my dealer in a couple weeks. I think I'm NFA'd out for the month...
    Texas SOT

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Absolutely. And to discourage gun ownership by making the process ponderous and lengthy.

At least good dealers and online retailers have stepped up to make it as painless as possible. Years ago, when online sales were still new territory, FFLs really didn't want to do anything that would cause them any more work, and they'd charge an arm and a leg to transfer something to you (a lot still do). It's nice though to see the network of dealers, online retailers and distributors have worked together to make online gun sales and CL3 purchases pretty easy. It's gotten to the point that I don't even contact my dealer any more. He just sees things coming in for me and sends me an email letting me know it's in the works.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    I'm waiting on a spectre now, I got a trident 9 for a 9mm pistol that was an impulse buy but now I want to build a sbr 9mm upper to use the can on, may end up selling the springfield to make that happen!!!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'll get there someday. Just made my first "impulse" purchase on a 9mm pistol and was thinking at the time how much extra it'd cost to get a threaded barrel.

If it is a Glock, no problem......$125.00-$150.00 or so, depending on which gun.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Bought a AAC Element yesterday, paperwork went out this morning. So I now have 2 stamps awaiting approval. I hate the wait.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've impulse bought non-NFA guns plenty of times. The paperwork for NFA has forced me to think about those thoroughly. I've been stewing over a Form 1 on a receiver I already have for 3 months trying to decide on a configuration.

Maybe once my dealer starts stocking cans in the display cases I'll start impulse buying them...

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Kel-tec PF-9. Not an ordinary one to thread. I hope the after market provides one.

I figure if I'm going to spend the money on the can and stamp, I want a good gun to put it on. Nothing wrong with the Keltec- I carried one for a couple years before I decided to consolidate to DA/SA pistols. Totally personal choice. But the can will cost more than the host if you get that thing threaded. And that gun is so small, the can will throw it way off balance. The Keltec is meant to be a utilitarian defensive pistol, not a plinker. It's not fun to shoot, at least imho. I'd recommend getting a bigger gun that is easier to get a threaded barrel for and then getting the can.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I figure if I'm going to spend the money on the can and stamp, I want a good gun to put it on. Nothing wrong with the Keltec- I carried one for a couple years before I decided to consolidate to DA/SA pistols. Totally personal choice. But the can will cost more than the host if you get that thing threaded. And that gun is so small, the can will throw it way off balance. The Keltec is meant to be a utilitarian defensive pistol, not a plinker. It's not fun to shoot, at least imho. I'd recommend getting a bigger gun that is easier to get a threaded barrel for and then getting the can.

I agree. I have some hosts that, as you mentioned, better qualify. But as I was buying the Kel-tec I was honestly thinking how I'd like to thread it at some point.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I agree. I have some hosts that, as you mentioned, better qualify. But as I was buying the Kel-tec I was honestly thinking how I'd like to thread it at some point.

I've been making threaded extensions. I thread the original barrel, then using a ~1" piece of blank stock, I internally thread it to fit on the barrel, thread it for the suppressor on the other end, and turn it in the lathe to the original barrel diameter. You can silver solder it to the barrel or locktite it if you want it to be removable. It works like the Walther P22 suppressor adapters.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sorry about the thread hijack. Found a picture of a PF-9 though that has an adapter like you mentioned.

4-big.jpg

Top Bottom