• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Does anyone have any intel on Dan’s Fivestar Gun Show at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend? I've never heard of it. Just wondering if any of the big dealers will be there. How does it compare to the other DFW gun shows? And who is "Dan"?

http://www.dansfivestar.com/

Last edited:

bmnloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    DFW-Cisco, TX
    I've never heard of them. I might hit it on the way back from the farm Sunday to see what the have. I would think it's pretty big being at the speedway but....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Dan Cap Productions is new to the gun show promotions business, but claims to have spent a lot of time as a vendor. I've talked to dozens of small and large gun-show vendors over the last few months and opinions regarding attendance seem split about 50/50. It competes with Premier Lewisville and Tier-1 Mesquite, both of which are relatively small shows and nowhere near the vicinity of TMS.

Since this is the first show produced by Dan Cap, we have no history to compare to other north Texas Shows. The big draw (and hope of the producers) seems to be the venue; it's very much a case of if-you-have-it-at-this-venue-they-will-come.

I'll be there to check it out and then post a detailed review.

regards,

- jim

Mensch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2014
    Texas
    Never heard of them either, and I work in the gun business, specifically doing gun shows. The shop I work for is middlin' sized so we hit some of the new or smaller shows fairly often. I'd like to know how it is though, while the smaller shows don't do good business for us in general, they tend to have more interesting stuff (my interests anyway).
    I'll be doing the 2nd Lewisville show this weekend, first time I have personally been to it, as an individual or for work, so I'm at least a little bit excited.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Didn't go. A buddy said it was a bust. I trekked over to lewisville. The show wasn't too bad.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk 2

Mensch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2014
    Texas
    A few other dealers who split their shows and some customers told us today that it was more of a flea market/garage sale situation for the most part. One guy said they sold a Scar 17 FDE, so someone must have had a little money on them..

ShadowOp7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2014
    The crowed was very small and I agree that it was more of a flea market/garage sale situation for the most part.

Top Bottom