• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bagpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Haltom City, Tx
    Hey folks, I've committed to meeting a guy who is trying to sell one of these, and if it's as good as my DW .357, I'll be more that pleased with the 722 (I think this is the model). Anybody out there have any experience with these or know someone who has had some experience or heard of someone who knows something about these revolvers. In other words, I'd like to know what to look for when I'm giving it the old once over.:christmas:
    Military Camp

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    If it was made in Monson, Mass by the orignial Dan Wesson Arms, you'll probably be very happy with it.

The later versions from after Dan Wesson passed, are not as good and some were down-right terrible... saw several where the crane's front contour did not match the frame and had enough metal in front of the frame that when the barrel shroud was tightened it would force the crane to the rear and bind the cylinder against the recoil shield.

Most dealers back in the late 80s got fed up with the new versions and quit carrying them altogether.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    My DW 22lr was made in Monson. It's a pleasure to shoot. When low on .22lr ammo I would take the revolvers to the range to keep from blowing thru ammo. Slower shooting and lots of fun. I was able to hone my DA shooting this past year with the ammo shortage.

Top Bottom