• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Plan so far:
    Land in Dallas AirPort stay there for a day or some rent a car (whit aircon ) drive to San antonio and stay in hotel there. Maby take a trip to Austin.

Interstate 35, out of Dallas, will take you right through Austin on your way to San Antonio.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Even though it might take two days to do it, depending on the traffic!

Depending on what time you leave, we can make BBQ recommendations (and taqueria-tacos in San Antonio). Depending on what time you're through, we might even meet you and buy your lunch in exchange for stories!

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    PeTerson,

If you're dead-set on flying into DFW and driving South, I would HIGHLY recommend skipping the parking lot of IH35 and instead take a full-day to drive through Aspen, TX en route to Tyler, TX and then to Nacogdoches, TX and see the sights of each town. Then spend another day driving South again towards Austin, TX, where BBQ and Live Music await. Then drive Northwest on Highway 183, past Lake Travis to Marble Falls and then Southwest through Kingsland, TX and past Ink's Lake. This will eventually put you on Highway 281, which is the Texas Hill Country's backdoor highway to San Antonio. Along this highway, you'll also see Johnson City, TX where you can take a couple hour detour and visit the town of Fredericksburg, TX, before heading to San Antonio, TX and the Alamo.

I would honestly skip trying to see too much in many of the big cities, as most of those 'attractions' (aside from the Alamo) are churched up for the tourist crowd. This route I've suggested will allow you to see several great small Texas towns an very different landscapes where many of us ourselves spend our weekend's unwinding with our families, great Texas beer, and amazing BBQ., all the while breaking up the long drives into more enjoyable chunks.

Good luck with your trip and Welcome to Texas!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Google Texas monthly.

It's a liberal rag, BUT they'll highlight many of our wonderful cities, attractions and history. Be a good place to start planning your trip.

glock221

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2015
    Texa
    Sorry it's not in Nov. I would be happy to have you come as my guest. I work for the NRA. I have a table at the gun show.

glock221

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I think they ended up in Acuna for some cultural exchange. Cough cough

$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSs4-BQTEvGKu6%21%7E%7E60_35.jpg

Top Bottom