• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I took my daughter out on her first hunt. It was a youth hunt put on by the Harper WMA in honor of Jacob Krebs.
    She was successful in taking 3 doe that weekend. She was calm and cool behind the gun. Took excellent shots and showed a ton of patience waiting for a good broadside.
    I can't tell you how much I like hunting suppressed with youth. It's so much easier to communicate. I feel like it helps them shoot accurately due to reduced recoil and noise.
    I also can't express my appreciation for the Texas Youth Hunting Program. TYHP for short.
    We have since de-boned all 3.
    Vacuumed sealed steaks and roasts.
    Ground and sealed a bunch of meat with brisket fat added to make hamburger.
    Our fridge is full, it will help feed the family all year.
    We tried our hand at venison jerky and it came out tasty.
    We even took scraps and trimmings that would have been trash and made dog treat jerky for my daughter's pup.

Amazing weekend, she helped skin and quarter the deer. There was a ton of education going on that weekend as well.

IMG_20220116_173716.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Guns International

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    That is awesome indeed......buy her a hunting log to document her hunts....she can use it for fishing trips too.......

My son is now grown and we laugh his hunting/fishing log written 30 years ago.....good times and good memories....

Granddaughter is keeping one now............

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    That is awesome indeed......buy her a hunting log to document her hunts....she can use it for fishing trips too.......

My son is now grown and we laugh his hunting/fishing log written 30 years ago.....good times and good memories....

Granddaughter is keeping one now............
    Now that is a good idea.

I kept the 3 brass casings from that weekend. I was going to polish them and do something with them and the shed antler she found that weekend.

Kinda cool I still have the shed my son found on his first hunt. Didn't keep the brass but he won't know.

I think I will start a hunting log for him too. Print a few pictures and catch him up.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Congrats man. I can't wait till my kids get a bit older. My son is almost 5 and definitely showing interest in shooting and hunting. Processing 3 deer is a chore. Just doing one this season wore me out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom