• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think chipmonk will be confirmed!! He is EXACTLY who the Dems want!!!!!!!!
    Of course he will.

Yup. Somebody they can manipulate and control.
    It’s the president’s prerogative to fill executive agency appointments as he sees fit and is usually given wide latitude in the confirmations process to do so. Given a hostile Senate, they can stall or torpedo nominations like McConnell did with Scalia’s replacement though.
    Capitol Armory ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Of course he will.

It’s the president’s prerogative to fill executive agency appointments as he sees fit and is usually given wide latitude in the confirmations process to do so. Given a hostile Senate, they can stall or torpedo nominations like McConnell did with Scalia’s replacement though.

If he gets nominated & goes on a gun grabbing spree, i can see more scenarios like Waco & Ruby Ridge being the norm in the US. The sad part is the media will spin it as home grown terrorists resisting the feds. This won't be good for the country.

I can't imagine how many folks with a Ruger 10/22 will now be criminals, becuase they have an "ASSAULT RIFLE" by his definition :facepalm:

The next 3 years are gunna be a shit show.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If he gets nominated & goes on a gun grabbing spree, i can see more scenarios like Waco & Ruby Ridge being the norm in the US. The sad part is the media will spin it as home grown terrorists resisting the feds. This won't be good for the country.

I can't imagine how many folks with a Ruger 10/22 will now be criminals, becuase they have an "ASSAULT RIFLE" by his definition :facepalm:

The next 3 years are gunna be a shit show.

I don’t disagree.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    I don't know how you come up with that because everything I have seen him say is that it is not his job to define an "assault rifle."

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't know how you come up with that because everything I have seen him say is that it is not his job to define an "assault rifle."

Because as an agency head, he can attempt to promulgate rule to do such in a myriad of bureaucratic administrivia while still not creating a new class of firearms.

He can also, through influencing legislation in his role, advocate for the passage of another AWB.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

When Cotton ask him to define "assault rife" he says its "any semi auto rifle with detachable magazine, greater than .22 caliber". Then Cotton tells him that every Modern Sporting rifle falls under that category.

A Ruger 10/22 fits that description

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    When Cotton ask him to define "assault rife" he says its "any semi auto rifle with detachable magazine, greater than .22 caliber". Then Cotton tells him that every Modern Sporting rifle falls under that category.

Greater than is not equal to.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas

Actually that is not accurate. He said the only process that defined it was an ATF demand letter 3 program that defined it as you said.

He did not say that was his definition and in fact said he it would be defined as what congress defined it as.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    A human hair averages .002 - .006 with the average being .004. I would think we're all on the same side on this subject. Some of yall are literally trying to split a hair. Chipman is a gun grabber, if it were up to him we would be throwing rocks to defend ourselves.

Top Bottom