I am absolutely fed up.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I feel ya here.
    You may have read what a bone head deal I did by dropping the check out of the packets and then mailed the packet less check.
    Am at 90 days and just this week went back into processing
    I figure I'll have two new guns before I get my CHL

Hang in there Shorts!!!!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I can understand how frustrating that is. Hell, I was anxious after three weeks. Hang in there. I suggest you wait till 90 days is up and then call.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I can understand how frustrating that is. Hell, I was anxious after three weeks. Hang in there. I suggest you wait till 90 days is up and then call.

:banghead: hey, I was anxious the week before I took my class just knowing it would take 3-4 months after class

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Hey, Shorts-- Remember what homeland security said about military types. They are probably watching your house.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey, Shorts-- Remember what homeland security said about military types. They are probably watching your house.

I needed that this morning.

I called yesterday with the mask of confirming the Change of Address email I sent last week. As it turns out, it had not been changed but she did so right then, which I appreciate. I asked for a status update and Felicia only told me that it was still "in processing" and couldn't tell me which part because they don't see it. I mentioned I was on day 85 from my PIN letter and she said that it would be delayed because I had to redo fingerprints back in March. Great.

ErnieNWillis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    DPS has 90 days from when they receive a completed packet to either issue, deny or tell you they need more time. 5 more days give em a call.

I am on day 95 since the DPS received my packet. According to their website they are still "Processing" my application. I called on day 91 and a lady told me everything was proceeding accordingly and to call back at the end of June. :mad: I have yet to receive anything from the DPS stating I am accepted, rejected or they need more time.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I am on day 95 since the DPS received my packet. According to their website they are still "Processing" my application. I called on day 91 and a lady told me everything was proceeding accordingly and to call back at the end of June. :mad: I have yet to receive anything from the DPS stating I am accepted, rejected or they need more time.

You know what I think about when I dream of demanding that the time line be enforced? I think worst case scenario where they just 'deny deny deny' in order to get it off their desk.

I believe that's my cynicism speaking. I certainly hope that would never ever happen. You know my packet would be one they'd throw in that pile :rolleyes:

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Mine a few years ago took 96 days form the time I mailed the packet and it seemed like time stood still waiting. Be patient. It will come. It's a great thing and well worth the wait.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Mine a few years ago took 96 days form the time I mailed the packet and it seemed like time stood still waiting. Be patient. It will come. It's a great thing and well worth the wait.

I've been carrying in another state since '04. That entire process took 4wks.

;)

So that initial initial excitement is gone. But I certainly do remember the anticipation and carrying for the first time. At this point it is not excitement that I feel. Rather 'getting through the red tape'.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom