• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Heavy rains and flooding in Houston. I work all over the city, and it's currently at a standstill. Several school districts have closed for the day, etc..

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    For once the rain wasn't that bad near my house (SE Houston). This past Friday evening and the Saturday before (4/18) my street flooded so bad, we couldn't leave the house.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    BTW, 10.13" of rain recorded for Jersey Village (pillage) 290/beltway 8 for the non-Houstonians.

Yep, just over 10 for us in the Copperfield area (just southwest of you). I made it in to downtown, but had to drive through at least a foot of water in some areas on my way up to 290. Stalled cars aplenty. Our school district (Cy-Fair) is closed.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We didn't anywhere near 10.13" in the Ceadar Park area, but when I woke up to get ready for work yesterday morning My dog would not stop howling (he is a blue tick hound) and when I opened the back door he was in his en in about an inch of water so he got to go to the porch smaller but dryer. He is going to be pissed when he has to go back to the pen.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yes, parts of it. At one intersection (Beltway 8 and I-10) around noon today, the water on the service road (kinda like an underpass) was at least 10 feet deep.

That sucks! I had not heard of flooding in Huston until y'all started taking about it earlier. Excellent source of news!
    Thanks for telling me what a service road is.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I guess this means you'll be on TGT all day? ;)

C'mon Starker, you know D never signs off of TGT!!!
    I'm not even sure he sleeps...he just lives and breathes this site. Surprised they haven't made him an honorary site administrator yet...

Top Bottom