• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Good afternoon all! New to the forum, I think I am posting in the right place? If not let me know where to put it!

Anyway... I have looked through the forums and have seen some information (its old) but not too much in regards to the DB15.

Looking at some of their uppers for my new build... still deciding if I want to build 16" or a 10.5" pistol, but I was wondering if anyone has ever used DB in a build? any issues? things I should know about?

Any info would be great! I appreciate it!

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Are you looking for DiamondBack for a specific reason? Price? Hand guard?
    No, not really. I shot one of the new 2020 db15 and i do like the handguard, but no real specific reason. Looking to stay around the 500-600 range for entire build (optics not included).

Was also looking at CBC industries, Karri's guns, everything on PSA website is pretty much sold out.

Really open to anything, including the round that is chambered. Really just want a new project.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I bought a diamond back AR-15 in 5.56 NATO a couple of years ago, and one in 300 AAC a year or so before that. They're nothing special, but the only failure I've had was when I was testing subsonic 300 to see how much gas I'd need to cycle it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Nestathebesta,

WHY NOT buy a REAL Colt's M16 parts kit for 250-350.oo AND your choice of a lower receiver. Then assemble your own AR-15 "Clone".
    (All of the necessary directions to "roll your own" are on the Worldwideweird & in numerous books at libraries/bookstores.)

While many people here KNOW that I'm NO fan of the AR platform, IF I wanted a "Mattel Special", that is what I would do.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Nestathebesta,

Fwiw, my cousin (Randy) & I last year went to the San Antonio Gun-show, walked the aisles picking out/paying for the parts that Randy wanted for HIS RIFLE, bought & did the paperwork on the receiver.

By 2200 hours that night, we had Randy's AR put together. The next morning, we took it to a friend's farm near Boerne to test-fire it.= WORKS FINE.

The cost: 415.oo including tax & it is PRECISELY the sort of rifle that my cousin wanted.
    (IF you put a rifle, carbine, shotgun, or handgun together from parts & you like it, you have nobody but yourself to please.)

Note: I have a Model 760 Remington "homebrewed" police-style carbine in 7.62x51 that we "assembled" from a damaged & incomplete rifle (that I bought at a garage sale, with broken stock for 75.oo), plus some gun-show/junk-box "spare parts" & while it may NOT please anyone else, it pleases me.
    (The furniture is "flat OD-green" synthetic, the metal is finished in flat black appliance/epoxy paint & it wears an old-school 2.5x scope. Randy worked on the trigger pull until he believed that it could unlikely be further improved.= It shoots BETTER than I do at age 73.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    No, not really. I shot one of the new 2020 db15 and i do like the handguard, but no real specific reason. Looking to stay around the 500-600 range for entire build (optics not included).

Was also looking at CBC industries, Karri's guns, everything on PSA website is pretty much sold out.

Really open to anything, including the round that is chambered. Really just want a new project.

Stay away from CBC Uppers.
    I bought one of their 6.5 creedmoor uppers last year. Ive had all kinds of issues..blown primers, did a JP 6.5CM bolt swap & it helped but still having issues with over pressure. Ordered a new adjustable gas block just waiting on it to come in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom