DC Handgun ban goes to the Supreme Court.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, I think the facts really support gun owners when you put the numbers in perspective. Supposedly some ~40% of the population of the US owns at least one firearm, and we now have a little over 302 million people in this country. Last I heard from NRA and other sources, there are roughly 260+ million privately owned firearms in this country, and roughly somewhere over 100-120 million gun owners if that 40% figure is accurate. Considering that the number of annual deaths from guns in this country is usually around 25,000-30,000, and considering there are some 260-280+ MILLION guns in the country, I'd said the numbers are in our favor. If things turned out the way the anti's talk, we should have like 10 million deaths per year due to guns. From what I understand, there are considerably more non-fatal injuries per year due to guns, however apparently a majority of those are self defense related.
    DK Firearms

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I have great hope for the ruling of the supreme court on this. if they are at least half way honest they can only say that the intent of the men who wrote it was for all men who could would have the right to have and carry a gun or guns.
    I am not so idealistic as to think that this ruling will change all the laws that have been written about gun control. but it is my hope that it will start it back in our direction. and perhaps with a big push in the right direction.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, it certainly sounds like it will be in our favor. The liberals around the country are already bracing for it, and I've seen news articles recently of various liberal and anti-gun groups already predicting they'll lose.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Based on yesterday's ruling on the death penalty for child rapists, clearly ignoring the fact that the Constitution allows for the death penalty for treason and espionage, I don't think we can confidently predict how the decision will fall.

Debbie Kornmiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Debbie here, from the Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. David T. Hardy will be on our Web sites today, Friday, at 1 p.m. MST when he will talk and answer questions about Thursday's Supreme Court ruling.

Hardy was counsel of record for the Academics for the Second Amendment brief in support of Dick Heller and the individual right to own firearms.

You and add questions now, or join us at 1 p.m. at http://www.azstarnet.com/special/gunrulingchat

Top Bottom