• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So who knows what a sig or bushnell really cost and how insane that margin really is? Possible that the cheaper red dots are more reasonable in margin? Obviously not the case with everything. A red dot is one thing. A scope is another. I will spend much more money on scopes.

I dunno about red dot markup - but for shits & giggles I've looked up other stuff on Ali Express or Alibaba to see what wholesaler pricing is for stuff like fishing rods. Most makers there have 1000 unit lower limits - but they're the OEM producer for a lot of well known labels here, and store-brands like Bass Pro / Cabela's. You can get the same damn thing from Ali Express with some no-name label, or just straight up no label at all often for 1/3 to 1/5th the price, shipped from some unpronounceable place in China. Of course warranty is nonexistant or useless because it'll cost you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to ship shit to China than it does for them to send it here, since the US gov't subsidizes shipping for them.

I knew of some fly shops in Oregon that had store-branded rods, probably gotten thru Alibaba. You can get prototypes made and sent to tweak your specs, if you commit to a minimum of 1000 units from most of those manufacturers. I saw prices as low as $20 per unit if you buy in higher quantities, for stuff that'd sell for $150 here. But unless you're a high volume seller - who has $200k to drop on product that may or may not sell? But even the 1000 unit pricing was good - $35-40 / unit.

If you look at what a Sig Romeo costs - knowing Sig doesn't have their own factory - and the OEM maker is likely selling the exact same thing without Sig's markings (or maybe WITH Sig's markings...) they could sell it a lot cheaper and still be very profitable. Even if they sell them as air-soft toys, they can charge half of what a Romeo costs and probably make a killing.
    Lynx Defense

nairb2580

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Glad to see you all having good luck with these. I got one for my sons rifle but havent had a chance to shoot it yet. Hoping my luck is similar!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom