• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Back when I lived in Minnesota and did a bunch of shooting at a range outside in the woods they were a serious problem. I found some repellant at a surplus store that came in a tube like sunscreen. It went on like SPF100. The bugs would die as they landed on you. Probably not safe bit it sure did work.

Otherwise, my grandpa had a jar with 100% deet in it. No joke had a skull and crossbones on the label. He was old school and literally helped cut roads into far northern Minnesota in the 40's and 50's. This shit would go on and make your lips tingle. The bugs would not even come near you for 2 or 3 days. Probably terrible for you and not even available any more but it did the trick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Lost spurs, in a tube. Reminded me of when I was in the hospital for 10 days. I hate showers, and there was no way to take a bath, and I was hooked up to all kinds of crap, and I only had one pair of briefs. The hospital brought me some, but they were polyester.

Anyway, I developed BAD jock itch. I got home and got me some Tinactin. Then I lost track of it. I finally spotted it, and gave the raw junk a good slathering. Took about 20 seconds to figure out that was a different red and white tube.
    I do not reccommend Bengay for this purpose.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Believe it or not, that probably wasn't the worst, (although they were pretty darn close), I was halving and seeding some outrageously hot jalapenos without gloves and later took a leak.........

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom