• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Curious if anyone has sent their suppressor to AAC for work? Was told originally I would have it back or an answer to for the repair in 4-6 weeks, so I sent it in. It was received June 6th. I have called 3 times after the 6 weeks has elapsed and keep getting told they haven't touched it yet and there's no ETA. Wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with AAC and how long it took.
    Target Sports

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Curious if anyone has sent their suppressor to AAC for work? Was told originally I would have it back or an answer to for the repair in 4-6 weeks, so I sent it in. It was received June 6th. I have called 3 times after the 6 weeks has elapsed and keep getting told they haven't touched it yet and there's no ETA. Wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with AAC and how long it took.

What work does it need, can anyone else do it?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The piston housing is seized. When I tried to change pistons the whole assemble came out of the tube

The housing threads into the tube and can be removed. It came out without unthreading?

eta

this piece:
    Booster-Housings-1-scaled.jpg

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Yes the whole piston housing unthreaded from the tube. Only the back is supposed to open so I can swap the piston inside, but that part is seized

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yes the whole piston housing unthreaded from the tube. Only the back is supposed to open so I can swap the piston inside, but that part is seized

Well as you can see from the photo, the whole thing is designed to come out. This allows you to use a non-piston housing like direct thread or 3 Lug.

I would soak the housing in Kroil. That should loosen up the piston. When you put it back together, use some anti seize and dont over gorilla tighten it into the housing (capt obvious).

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Soaked the housing in penetrating oil and put it in a strap wrench so I could use the AAC tool to open it. The pins broke off the tool and no sign of the housing opening up

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    It doesn't help you now, and may not have then since you applied direct heat to it, but AAC put rocksett on the wrong threads when assembling my Ti-Rant and I had the whole ASAP assembly come out instead of just the piston cap. A soaking in boiling water released the rocksett and allowed me to disassemble appropriately.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    It doesn't help you now, and may not have then since you applied direct heat to it, but AAC put rocksett on the wrong threads when assembling my Ti-Rant and I had the whole ASAP assembly come out instead of just the piston cap. A soaking in boiling water released the rocksett and allowed me to disassemble appropriately.
    Sounds like what happened to me. I called again yesterday and got the same, no eta answer.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    sounds about right from what they originally told me. When I asked about what happened to having it back in weeks they are like whoa we never work that fast

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not the thread I was hoping to come across but looks like ill probably be fk'd out of my suppressor

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/...er-to-the-Remington-AAC-bankruptcy/20-516661/

Why is that? You needed a serial # for ATF, which means the dealer should have had your specific one in stock.

Unless you bought direct from AAC and I don’t know how that would work.

ETA: if you sent yours back for warranty work, that’s different to a degree, but I’m pretty sure ATF isn’t going to allow the mfg who’s bankrupt to hold on to the can.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom