Lynx Defense

Dear Lord... let this be the correct thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's been a while, almost 20 years admittedly, but I used to have access to NCIC, and the state version, specifically for criminal history and background checks. Along with other LE stuff. It's just not that hard or time consuming to check criminal history and verify background info cause they are looking for obvious stuff, which is what they are doing here. I'm sure with computers being much faster and such, along with the added data available, it should take all of 5 minutes to do this.

Maybe its different now.

The system isnt full proof as I also got denied permission to buy a gun several times after background checks started and had to fingerprint to get approved even though I had a badge, access to the system etc.

It was hilarious having to goto a city police department in uniform to get finger printed, ofcourse i couldnt just do it my self, to prove I'm not a criminal with my same name. The looks I got.

That's one of the reasons i got a CCW permit when AZ came out with them even though i obviously didnt need it to carry concealed. No more rejected background checks.

The point is at worst you should get a denial due to info they found, it also doesn't take so long that your app sits eternal park mode. It's also different than the Brady check which shouldn't be effected by that part of the system which is limited by the people to verify the info for the instant check and not bandwidth or capacity.

Who knows.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The VP9 is a good gun. But I wouldn't pay $750 for a used one. Unless I had nothing and wanted to remedy that situation immediately and didn't care at the price.

Pre-pandemic/antifa-retardism you could get a used USP Tactical in .45 or .40 for about $700. The VP series is HK's budget line of handguns, made to compete against Glock's offerings. The USP and P30 and HK45 models are more expensive but have the SA/DA modes you wanted.

These days with gun shop shelves bare $750 may be a fair price for new buyers. I got plenty of others already though.

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well... I lied.

Went and looked at it and brought it home....

20200815_180340.jpg 20200815_181949.jpg

Came with:
    1.) 5 - 15rd magazines
    2.) 1 - Comp-tac IWB Holster
    3.) TruGlo TFX Pro sights
    4.) H&K trigger spring change
    5.) and of course case/trigger lock/ mag loader and manual.

The gun looks brand new. He could not tell me how many rounds had been through it on that it had made 2 trips to the range. Dry fired it several times and it worked fine. Broke it down checked the barrel well lubed and clean. He used oil everywhere some of those places will get grease.

I like the trigger, or I did prior to handing the cash over. I got it to the shop and now, for whatever reason I have to push the trigger forward after each pull. There's a little pin between the slide lock and the knock-down lever that before I bought it the pin was pretty flush with the housing. Now it's sticking out in fact I just pulled it all the way out. Mmmm - reckon I'll figure it out.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    That little pin appears to be the trigger stop bolt. It's come out and I can get it part of the way back in.... but not all the way.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Grrrrr.... trigger worked fine before I got back to the shop. Now.... Hangs up after rearward most travel. This little trigger stop bolt "may" be the culprit. I noticed it when looking at the gun prior to purchase. Seems like there's nothing that actually holds it in...

20200815_190036.jpg

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Seller is willing to do whatever I want.

He will come and get it and get it fixed.
    If I can figure out the problem and fix it he’s offering a partial refund.
    If I just want to cancel the deal a full refund has been offered

read the VP is the value line. Guess the VP stands for Value Pow.
    now that we all know what came with it... recommendations on how to proceed?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

Just to be clear, the trigger worked fine when you initially tried it?
    After you took it down and put it back together, it then had the issue?
    If that's the case, I'd take it down again and see if there's anything that could have happened in the takedown process maybe?

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo

If you can’t fix it yourself have a gunsmith give you a price for repairs. At the very least you should be refunded that amount. That’s if it was defective when you bought it.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    long story short...

Seller sent me a text offering to drive the hour to my shop, pick up the gun and refund what I paid. I took him up on that offer. So I’m back to being bangless bullet trash once again.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Pretty rare that he's willing to refund.
    Take it back, let him look at it, then decide if you still want it, or your money.

ETA: Ninja'd.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    That's the safest option. There's plenty of HKs out there that haven't been tampered with and for that price you should have gotten a perfect gun.

Modern HK designs don't have parts that flop around loose like that when stripped for end user level maintenance. Bubba messed something up on that gun.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If you can’t fix it yourself have a gunsmith give you a price for repairs. At the very least you should be refunded that amount. That’s if it was defective when you bought it.
    Just to reply to this... the slide will not go back on w/o a magazine partially inserted. I say partially because it won’t go all the way in. Once the slide is installed the magazine will then fall out at which time I can reinstall it w/o problem. Did that a couple of times and trigger still sticks. Trigger is sticking w/o slide installed Or with slide installid. I know where it’s sticking and it’s a the back of the frame. The flat linkage that comes from the trigger to the firing pin release is riding over a hook looking piece of linkage instead in the hook. So I know what’s happening but not how to stop it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom