• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Israel is FAR from a theocracy, and is a secular state. Iran is a theocracy in theory, but doesn't exactly run under Shiite Sharia Law.
    The United States was founded by persecuted Christians and funded by persecuted Jews. It was intended to be a Free State where persecuted religions could freely be practiced. It has become a state where tolerant religions are viewed as weak and attacked, while totalitarian religions are encouraged and even funded.

Eli

Israel is for the Jewish people is it not? Aren't the Jews defined by Judaism? Does the state of Israel not fly the Star of David? Does Israel not face annihilation by surrounding states because of their religion? Do they not offer citizenship to Jewish people all over the world?

Religion defines Israel regardless of the fact that it is accepting of free practice. In fact, that is a mainstay from it's roots as a UK colony, and a continuation of Western sympathy.

Iran is defined by Islam in the same manner. It was created in a religious fueled coup, and is dictated by Ayatollahs both politically and on a state level.

The United States was founded in a vastly different manner. Catholic states and Protestant states convened to create the United States. It was created out of the demand for individual representation rather than an entitled settlement of an ancient land holding. The free practice of religion was far down the list of grievances the colonists had with England, but was a demand because of lessons learned from history.

Weakness is attacked ... that is how nature works. That is why "weak" creatures develop defenses. While the mainstream Islamic populous is inert, there is a growing element that is not, and frankly it will become an issue, because Jews and Christians and even Atheists don't regularly strap bombs to themselves and go blow up a bunch of civilians. The IRA did that, but that has since been dissolved, and was regional.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Many a man calling themselves a Christian have done things like that, and that seems to be the litmus test we use today for defining Islam, is it not?

Calling themselves Christian isn't nessessarily Christian. You can't judge Christianity because of what a few humans do. Maybe I should have said "real" Christians don't do things like that. You can always anticipate a screwup when you get humans involved with anything. Nobody's perfect except God.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Please elaborate.
    Haym Solomon, among others.
    Which tolerant religions? Ones that think men should be put to death because of their sexual preference?
    Christianity is under constant attack in the US today, while islam is encouraged and allowed to run rampant. The main reason Judaism isn't constantly attacked here is people are afraid of being labeled anti-Semite in a country in which nearly half the world's Jews live. In Europe, Jews and Christians alike are under constant attack and told to be "tolerant" while islam grows exponentially.

Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Israel is for the Jewish people is it not? Aren't the Jews defined by Judaism? Does the state of Israel not fly the Star of David? Does Israel not face annihilation by surrounding states because of their religion? Do they not offer citizenship to Jewish people all over the world?

Religion defines Israel regardless of the fact that it is accepting of free practice. In fact, that is a mainstay from it's roots as a UK colony, and a continuation of Western sympathy.

Iran is defined by Islam in the same manner. It was created in a religious fueled coup, and is dictated by Ayatollahs both politically and on a state level.

The United States was founded in a vastly different manner. Catholic states and Protestant states convened to create the United States. It was created out of the demand for individual representation rather than an entitled settlement of an ancient land holding. The free practice of religion was far down the list of grievances the colonists had with England, but was a demand because of lessons learned from history.

Weakness is attacked ... that is how nature works. That is why "weak" creatures develop defenses. While the mainstream Islamic populous is inert, there is a growing element that is not, and frankly it will become an issue, because Jews and Christians and even Atheists don't regularly strap bombs to themselves and go blow up a bunch of civilians. The IRA did that, but that has since been dissolved, and was regional.
    A Jew is defined by ethnicity, Judaism is the religious practice of said ethnicity. One can become a Jew, but the process is similar to become a citizen of another nation.
    Israel was founded largely as a safe haven for Jews, but it is a state mandating equality for all citizens. In the last 60 years it has become one of the only states in the world that accepts members of the often-persecuted Baha'i faith; and in fact arab muslims have more freedom in Israel than Jews do!
    Iran is a corrupt totalitarian regime that claims to be based in shiite islam, but the 'ayatollah' isn't actually an ayatollah. It should be noted that the shah which was removed by the islamists in 1979 was installed by the US and british in 1953 when a democraticly elected government was overthrown, but that's another story...
    The United States was founded by people that desired freedom. Period. While religious freedom wasn't high on their priority list, it was the reason for much of the immigration prior to the revolution. George Washington's exchange with Touro Synagogue is indicative of the feelings of religious freedom of the time.
    Today, however, everybody must be 'tolerant', and those that refuse to bow to others wil come to rule. It is only the islamists - the 'submitters' - which refuse to bow to others.

Eli

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Haym Solomon, among others.

Christianity is under constant attack in the US today, while islam is encouraged and allowed to run rampant. The main reason Judaism isn't constantly attacked here is people are afraid of being labeled anti-Semite in a country in which nearly half the world's Jews live. In Europe, Jews and Christians alike are under constant attack and told to be "tolerant" while islam grows exponentially.

Eli

Got to say I agree with that observation.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i could honestly care less if people are gay,theres been homosexuality since the beginning of time. some dudes like other dudes and some chicks like other chicks big whoop. i don't like the flamers though,they're just screaming for attention....that shit is an act. i'm 29 so i guess my generation is a little more accepting of them....but normal gay people who don't act like weirdos and just happen to like the same sex don't bug me. its when they make being gay what defines them that bothers me. i like women but that doesn't define me. i think gay is natures way of keeping population in check probably. some people just don't need to breed i think. i should add that i'm not actually a christian,yes i have a bible quote in my signature.....however i have many quotes i appreciate from the pali canon,bhagavad gita etc etc. i don't look at it with a religious point of view. i believe in God i'm certainly no atheist,i think God interacts with different cultures on a level they can understand. Kind of hard to reach different audiences while speaking one language if you catch my drift.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    its when they make being gay what defines them that bothers me.

That's a particular quality that bothers me, when they act flagrantly gay. It's an overblown act. How many women do you see acting as "feminine" as some gays act? I just hate it when they act over-the-top, flagrantly gay in public. I mean, come on. And one other point. Just like anyone else I've had a couple of friends who were gay and at different times both pointed out the "fun" they and their fellow gay friends liked to have when approaching a person they knew was straight and watching the guy get flustered at their behavior or attentions. Now I am absolutely NOT advocating any kind of violence against gays, but it does make me wonder when some of these "gay bashing" incidents occur was it actually instigated by a gay getting fun out of flustering someone who's straight? Seems kind of dumb to do that when the whole issue of being gay is often so volatile. Just an observation.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Which is why we're losing!
    A man that sodomizes another man is to be put to death. Period. That is a law from G-d that applies to all people of the world.

Eli

I don't want to ever see anyone post shit like this again on my forum. Disagreeing with someone's life choices is fine, advocating that people should be killed for it is however NOT.

You should do some serious soul searching Eli. A god that supposedly advocates death of one type of people for certain choices is NOT the Christian/Judaic God. An all knowing, all seeing God that created the universe and supposedly has limitless love, compassion, and forgiveness for all life in existence could not possibly implore the killing of anyone. Such a belief is no different from Islamic extremists preaching death to non-believers.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Among others:
    Leviticus 20:13
    "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
    If believing the words of the Torah are grounds for banning, then so be it.

Eli

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It has become very personal, that is for sure.

Can't we all just agree to disagree? If someone started a thread and everyone had the same view and the same response how much fun would that be?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom