Debra Medina, Candidate for governor, will be at the BBQ.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rodbender, Sep 12, 2009.

1. rodbender

rodbender Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    She will give a speech on open carry and state sovereignty along with other topics as she chooses.

http://www.medinafortexas.com/

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/31055.html

Below is a link to a map at mapquest, Googlemaps has it way down the road. Anyways, my place is between Hogeye and Uriah on the west side of the road.. Mapquest shows that Dry Creek Rd joins with Uriah and Suzette. It does not, so don’t try it.

Time: Saturday, Oct. 10th, 10AM - 6PM.

http://www.mapquest.com

Link wasn't working. Just go to the link and type in the address.

My address is:

1384 Upper Elgin River Rd. (Also known as County Rd 127)

Elgin, Tx 78621

This is open to all members of OpenCarry.org and TexasGunTalk.com

Here’s the short list of rules.

1. There will be no unholstering except in 1 designated area.

2. This area will be roped off with a table for disassembly for demonstration and/or cleaning. Bring your own cleaning materials. (One person at a time. Don’t hog it.)

3. Anyone that unholsters outside of this area will be asked to leave.

4. Anyone that has a negligent/accidental discharge will be asked to leave if no injury or property damage. If property damage or injury results, you will be asked to relinquish your weapon until it is resolved.

5. Bring your long guns. They must be unloaded and will be for demonstration purposes only. Another table WILL be set up for the long guns.

6. Bring a portable chair and/or table would probably help. I’ll have some.

7. Keep track of your stuff. If you leave it, it will be sold on Ebay. LOL. Not really, just contact me and if it is here I will try my best to get it to you.

8. No alcohol or drugs, period.

9. PM me with RSVP and how many in your party.

10. Open Carry will not be a requirement.

I need RSVP by 10/5/09

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I will have to see if I'm off, this would be nice to attend and to hear Debra's POV on issues

3. Gutshot

Gutshot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    I was all for her until I heard that she recommended Sotomayor for the SC seat. I tried to email her and got no response on several occasions. I was wondering why she would recommend a Peurto Rican from the Bronx. Someone said she was chumming up the La Raza for the hispanic vote. Until she comes clean on this matter I will not support her.

Gutshot

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'll look into it later in the week. If it's true, she can count on me to be against her. Usually, I'm not a single issue voter, but on this I will be.

5. FreedomJoyAdventure

FreedomJoyAdventure Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    I seriously doubt that Debra Medina, or ANYONE who supported Ron Paul, would ever vote for Sotomayor. Do we have a source for this?

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can't see that either. Sounds like rumor to me.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm working off a crappy crap crappity crap crap crap pc atm or I'd look it up. :banghead:

8. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    ummm this is all I've found so far mentioning sotomyzer.... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Debra-Medina/95669721909?v=app_2347471856&viewas=0&_fb_noscript=1

It’s a shame isn’t it, that Republicans continue to ignore Hispanics especially here in Texas? The writing has long been on the wall that unless the GOP begins to better work with Latinos, the GOP will continue to lose races and be a minority party.

It is equally important, of course, for the Latino community to realize that true political identity will be achieved only through participation in all national party structures - Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, etc. We are not all the same and we shouldn’t all be attracted to any one party.
    Here in Texas, we have an open party primary because our founders knew the rich culture and political appetite for change would protect what is best for all Texans. It is in this free assembly that we all have a right to participate; no one guaranteed victory, but everyone given the chance to try, to be heard and to influence our society.

Sadly, most Texans and even more minority voters do not participate in our open primary process. The candidates are all too often chosen for the block of party-loyal, election-day-only-voters. The result is usually the nomination of the lesser of two evils, democrat or republican take your pick.
    Even worse, Republicans will not even advertise or welcome Latinos during our primary process. But you can bet your money come the general election contest, they will come around with their Spanish phrases and slick ads - que verguenza!

The GOP really need look no further than George Lopez's tear into KBH's vote against Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor to see an example of the seriousness of potential Hispanic voter back lash. Indeed if Republicans here in Texas expect to win this next election, no longer can the GOP not see the disparity between its future and its rhetoric. No longer can the GOP wait until the fourth quarter to include Latino voters. No longer can the GOP be sideways or indecisive on immigration and border security and other Latino interests as both KBH and Gov. Perry have been.

All hope is not lost. It has often been said “Latinos are conservative; most just do not know it”. In fact, many others have said the growing Christian Hispanic community is a rebirth of the Religious Right just in Spanish. How true. And yet how backward the GOP is. With such a natural constituency, why do elected Latino Democrat officials outnumber Republicans 100 to 1?

But We Texans can change this. We can change this by taking an active role in our primary process, Democrats, Independents and Republicans. We can change this by reaching out to Latinos sooner. We can change this by having a conversation where the people are. That may mean reaching outside our own comfort zones, talking to more than our usual newspapers and radio stations. And, we can change this by continuing to show our dissatisfaction for the same ol’, same ol’ from our same ol’ same ol’ politicians. Will you join us?

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It's only a matter of time before republicans cower to Hispanics. As much as it pains me to even think it, I do believe America has jumped the shark.

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I love how there's 85 different names for the races. My favorite is Latino ... it completely ignores the fact that French people are latinos, Italians are latinos, Spaniards are latinos, Portugeuses (the hell do you call people from Portugul?) are latinos, etc.

After all, their languages derive from latin. In fact, the original latinos were Romans. All of them, 100% crackers.