Target Sports

Debra Medina, Candidate for governor, will be at the BBQ.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    She will give a speech on open carry and state sovereignty along with other topics as she chooses.

[URL]http://www.medinafortexas.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/31055.html[/URL]

Below is a link to a map at mapquest, Googlemaps has it way down the road. Anyways, my place is between Hogeye and Uriah on the west side of the road.. Mapquest shows that Dry Creek Rd joins with Uriah and Suzette. It does not, so don’t try it.

Time: Saturday, Oct. 10th, 10AM - 6PM.

[URL]http://www.mapquest.com[/URL]

Link wasn't working. Just go to the link and type in the address.

My address is:

1384 Upper Elgin River Rd. (Also known as County Rd 127)

Elgin, Tx 78621

This is open to all members of OpenCarry.org and TexasGunTalk.com

Here’s the short list of rules.

1. There will be no unholstering except in 1 designated area.

2. This area will be roped off with a table for disassembly for demonstration and/or cleaning. Bring your own cleaning materials. (One person at a time. Don’t hog it.)

3. Anyone that unholsters outside of this area will be asked to leave.

4. Anyone that has a negligent/accidental discharge will be asked to leave if no injury or property damage. If property damage or injury results, you will be asked to relinquish your weapon until it is resolved.

5. Bring your long guns. They must be unloaded and will be for demonstration purposes only. Another table WILL be set up for the long guns.

6. Bring a portable chair and/or table would probably help. I’ll have some.

7. Keep track of your stuff. If you leave it, it will be sold on Ebay. LOL. Not really, just contact me and if it is here I will try my best to get it to you.

8. No alcohol or drugs, period.

9. PM me with RSVP and how many in your party.

10. Open Carry will not be a requirement.

I need RSVP by 10/5/09

Texas SOT

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    I was all for her until I heard that she recommended Sotomayor for the SC seat. I tried to email her and got no response on several occasions. I was wondering why she would recommend a Peurto Rican from the Bronx. Someone said she was chumming up the La Raza for the hispanic vote. Until she comes clean on this matter I will not support her.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    I was all for her until I heard that she recommended Sotomayor for the SC seat. I tried to email her and got no response on several occasions. I was wondering why she would recommend a Peurto Rican from the Bronx. Someone said she was chumming up the La Raza for the hispanic vote. Until she comes clean on this matter I will not support her.

Gutshot

I seriously doubt that Debra Medina, or ANYONE who supported Ron Paul, would ever vote for Sotomayor. Do we have a source for this?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    ummm this is all I've found so far mentioning sotomyzer.... [URL]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Debra-Medina/95669721909?v=app_2347471856&viewas=0&_fb_noscript=1

It’s a shame isn’t it, that Republicans continue to ignore Hispanics especially here in Texas? The writing has long been on the wall that unless the GOP begins to better work with Latinos, the GOP will continue to lose races and be a minority party.

It is equally important, of course, for the Latino community to realize that true political identity will be achieved only through participation in all national party structures - Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, etc. We are not all the same and we shouldn’t all be attracted to any one party.
    Here in Texas, we have an open party primary because our founders knew the rich culture and political appetite for change would protect what is best for all Texans. It is in this free assembly that we all have a right to participate; no one guaranteed victory, but everyone given the chance to try, to be heard and to influence our society.

Sadly, most Texans and even more minority voters do not participate in our open primary process. The candidates are all too often chosen for the block of party-loyal, election-day-only-voters. The result is usually the nomination of the lesser of two evils, democrat or republican take your pick.
    Even worse, Republicans will not even advertise or welcome Latinos during our primary process. But you can bet your money come the general election contest, they will come around with their Spanish phrases and slick ads - que verguenza!

The GOP really need look no further than George Lopez's tear into KBH's vote against Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor to see an example of the seriousness of potential Hispanic voter back lash. Indeed if Republicans here in Texas expect to win this next election, no longer can the GOP not see the disparity between its future and its rhetoric. No longer can the GOP wait until the fourth quarter to include Latino voters. No longer can the GOP be sideways or indecisive on immigration and border security and other Latino interests as both KBH and Gov. Perry have been.

All hope is not lost. It has often been said “Latinos are conservative; most just do not know it”. In fact, many others have said the growing Christian Hispanic community is a rebirth of the Religious Right just in Spanish. How true. And yet how backward the GOP is. With such a natural constituency, why do elected Latino Democrat officials outnumber Republicans 100 to 1?

But We Texans can change this. We can change this by taking an active role in our primary process, Democrats, Independents and Republicans. We can change this by reaching out to Latinos sooner. We can change this by having a conversation where the people are. That may mean reaching outside our own comfort zones, talking to more than our usual newspapers and radio stations. And, we can change this by continuing to show our dissatisfaction for the same ol’, same ol’ from our same ol’ same ol’ politicians. Will you join us?
    [/URL]

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It's only a matter of time before republicans cower to Hispanics. As much as it pains me to even think it, I do believe America has jumped the shark.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I love how there's 85 different names for the races. My favorite is Latino ... it completely ignores the fact that French people are latinos, Italians are latinos, Spaniards are latinos, Portugeuses (the hell do you call people from Portugul?) are latinos, etc.

After all, their languages derive from latin. In fact, the original latinos were Romans. All of them, 100% crackers.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Entire problem is that both parties cater to "groups", what would be unique is cater to the American citizen and to America, the huge reason we are fragmented is the hyphenated American, if your a citizen in my opinion your American,period. The idea that someone who disapproves of Sotomayer is anti-Hispanic is totally irrational.

If the GOP wants to win they need to be conservative for "all" Americans they cannot win by pandering.Corruption and special interesting groups are killing America...............................

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I'm disturbed by the contents of that link by Medina. I do not think Texans have abandoned or ignore Latinos. Hate to say this but most Latinos I know are die hard democrats and vote like most blacks, with pure distain for Repugs and their heads out of the sunlight.

Concerning the Sotomayer vote, I saw her hearing when she studdered and stammered when asked if Americans have the right of self defense. She tap danced around that question like she did many others, very shrewdly and well coached.

Therefore, I would hope my Senators would vote against her be she white, black, martian, OR Latino. If any Latino cannot see past that, I don't want them in my party anyway.

I will keep an open mind on Medina for now.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Hate to say this but most Latinos I know are die hard democrats and vote like most blacks, with pure distain for Repugs and their heads out of the sunlight.

It's true from what I see as well. Most I know are not informed and think the government will give them something for nothing. Wealth Envy, White Hate, and that age old line ... Republicans are the party of the rich and Democrats are the party of the poor are the only things I hear.

In my family, I'm the only one that votes republican

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Its HighTime

Time for the GOP to inform, train, and enlist Americans of Latino ancestors into the party...Much too long have they been propagandized to by the Democrats who only want their vote but only throw out a few freebies but not brotherhood and friendship. No longer are they just insignificant "Meskins" who live in the other side of town and just get the dirty jobs.

Wake up GOP, a new day is dawning....these people have fought in the US Armed Forces and died for America, too...

Get with the program !!!!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Wake up GOP, a new day is dawning....these people have fought in the US Armed Forces and died for America, too...

Again that is pandering to certain groups should the GOP do and act like Democrats, far too long the Dems have pandered to minorities in order to use them, do you think Ted Kennedy would have wanted minorities as neighbors, the far left are the slave masters of new America how you convince various groups of that is another question.
    Think Americans for me that is all races I served with.

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    I seriously doubt that Debra Medina, or ANYONE who supported Ron Paul, would ever vote for Sotomayor. Do we have a source for this?

Her own website. Debra Medina for Texas Governor: Latinos and the GOP. Nothing states she supported Sotomayor, but it can be easily extracted from what she says there that she does.

She spoke at the 9/12 rally on Saturday, wasn't super impressed. SOSDD, same political talk they all talk. And the people she had canvasing for her out in the crowd weren't impressive much. It'll be an interesting race, no doubt, as long as the ticket doesn't go to KBH. I would rather Governor Perry get the nod, but if it goes to Medina and not KBH, I'll survive.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Wanted to add ... the funny part of my family is if you aren't self sufficient, independent, and in control of your life, you are laughed at.

Seems funny that people like this would be dems to the bone.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Seems funny that people like this would be dems to the bone.

I grew up in area of the most conservative people on the face of this earth however they all voted democrat, pro-union,pro job, they simply never understood the difference,now what has taken place the dems have promised minorities free stuff in exchange for life long votes, the smart ones do not fall for this slave tactic but many do, the question is how do you educate people on the differences, public schools wont do it because the teachers unions have sold out to the left, only way out is for conservatives and independent people to clear up corruption at all levels and allow people to see the growth and jobs that would produce and oh yes no more free stuff. I will never forget what one woman said when Obama won, she stated no more car payments and she would not worry now about rent, how sad.:(

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I will never forget what one woman said when Obama won, she stated no more car payments and she would not worry now about rent, how sad.
    I get a kick every time I hear the sound bite of that gal. Wonder where she is today. I bet you that even though she hasn't received one penny from Obamma, she would repeat it word for word again.

Either that or the "White" Republicans are keeping her from getting it.
    -----------------------

blacksheep

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    I'm an American ! Isn't that good enough ? all these label's only divide us.........just what these asshats in govenment want.
    I guess if you take away the label's, who would these dirtbags pander to ?

Top Bottom