Join TexasGunTalk

DEBUNKED: 40% of Firearms Dont Go Through Background Check ....

Discussion in 'Activism' started by TexasCarryAssociation, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TexasCarryAssociation

TexasCarryAssociation New Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Houston Texas
  2. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Liberals lie. It's part of their nature and it forms in their bone marrow. Every time I see one of these misuses of statistical information, I ponder the Quinipiac University poll that Obama pushed long & loud? "92% of Americans want strong gun controls."

Had the A hole used a moderate lie like 60% being in favor of strong gun controls, he may have skated away unscathed. Instead, he went for the brass ring with an outrageous claim!

When the swell of opposition swamped his political agenda, he simply sauntered away from the fray and never used that BS information, again. He lied. He worked a scam on the American people then backed up without a word. He was caught red handed!

Early in Obama's Presidency, I loved the Joint meeting of both houses (Senate and House Of Representatives) where one members yelled "YOU LIE!" He was the first one to say out loud what the rest of us were mumbling under our breath.

Lying is a sickness with Obama. I don't think that he can help himself!

Flash

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The 92% poll must have been taken at one of his speeches....

I wonder what the figure would be here in Texas?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. Rebel

Rebel TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Aug 20, 2014
    Politicians lie. It's the nature of politics.

5. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The worst part is that Conservatives waste so much time legitimizing Libtard lies.

6. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    The 92% figure has been disproven several times as being an old poll from the early 90's and having an extremely limited demographic (around 200 participants if I recall correctly). Yet even after these figures were made known, I still see them used by politicians and anti-freedom groups.

7. ShootTheBreeze

ShootTheBreeze Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Round Rock, TX
    Doesn't strong gun control mean: proper grip, good sight picture and sight alignment and good trigger control? :-)

STB

8. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Sure the research methodology was flawed to the point of it being a junk product that was generated to further an agenda.

Obviously, it's going to vary between jurisdictions, depending on how robust their private-transfer regulations are, but I suspect that 40% actually isn't too far off base in a place like Texas that has no regulatory framework for possession or transfers. The meaningful data lies below the surface, however: what are crime statistics in places that do not regulate private-party transfers (i.e. force them to utilize licensed dealers; waiting periods; firearms ownership identification; or limits on number purchased per month), versus the crime statistics in those places that impose one or more of those types restrictions?

9. kyletxria1911a1

kyletxria1911a1 TGT Addict

May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    yesssss now close this thread

10. Armybrat

Armybrat Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Somebody needs to articulate the fact that 100% of new gun sales in the USA are done legally through FFLs with the NICS background check - except for Eric Holder's transfer of 1,200 guns to straw purchasers from the drug cartels.