decent cheap scope suggestion

mosin

Mar 21, 2013
Laredo
I just need something that'll hold zero on a mosin with ~3-9x or ~3-12x. It doesn't need to be particularly good for low light or waterproof etc. Looking at Nikon Prostaffs for $170 but would like to spend more like $50-$100.

I'm getting my hand back into the car hobby money pit again so really need to just keep this to a strict budget.

Last edited:

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
I just need something that'll hold zero on a mosin with ~3-9x or ~3-12x. It doesn't need to be particularly good for low light or waterproof etc. Looking at Nikon Prostaffs for $170 but would like to spend more like $50-$100.
Kinda hard to find anything decent in that price range, but I've got a 4-16x40 Centerpoint that I picked up at Walmart for $70 that seems pretty decent. Better quality than anything else I've seen for under $100 at least. Works fine on my dirt cheap .30-06

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Arms has an outstanding reputation for cost, customer service, and quality for what you're paying. They're also a forum sponsor and are hq'd out of Houston. I highly recommend you at least give them a look over.

mosin

Mar 21, 2013
Laredo
Primary Arms has an outstanding reputation for cost, customer service, and quality for what you're paying. They're also a forum sponsor and are hq'd out of Houston. I highly recommend you at least give them a look over.
I already have, I'm concerned about a 44mm scope on this setup needing to be set up pretty high and I don't want a fixed 6x or a 1-4x. I did buy a bunch of stuff from them for my AR build and I'm running their light & switch. I try to keep it in Texas first like a good new citizen.

Apr 16, 2013
Primary Arms, Bushnell,Barska all come to mind. You can even check your local WM sporting section for affordable optics in your price range.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
I've heard some pretty nasty talk about barska. I have a barska on my .22 with no problems, but from what I've heard, I wouldn't put it on anything bigger than that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Watch for the Nikons on sale or used.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs