• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I decided I needed some toys for myself, so I splurged a li'l bit.

I got a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 iwb holster for my 1911 because my old holsters have given me over 25 years of service. I'll need to get a new gunbelt at some point too because mine's probably almost 30 years old, but that can wait for the moment.

2vkz2xg.jpg

I also bought a Burris Tac30 1-4x scope to slap onto my AR or AK; I'm not sure I really like this reticle, but I tried it out at Mickey's Lease yesterday on my AK and I was pretty surprised how well it works:

jigk12.png

I'll need to drag that setup down to Elm Fork sometime to try it out on the 100yd range. Oh, wait - they want minimum 3x magnification (got that covered now), but they won't allow FMJ. How lucky then that I have these:

11qo2ed.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    That's a PEPR mount (Burris) on a Texas Weapon Systems rail - I'll take a better pic.

2posbur.jpg

It's high enough to clear the peep-sight at the rear (which was actually the main reason in getting the TWS rear - I wanted a peep rear-sight with double the sight-radius of a regular AK), but causes a bit of loss of cheek-weld. Still, I was consistently popping a small log sticking out of the water at 350 yards with it, hence my curiosity to it to paper at 100 yards and see what the AK is capable of doing MOA-wise.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I'm beginning to really dig those one piece mounts.

Colt has one as well that's a bit cheaper than the PEPR.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Here's a short movie of that event - I was shooting at a log in the water, so if you max the screen you'll see the splashes:

YouTube

Top Bottom