• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Every person has to weigh their particular risks.

We do NOT know that there will be long term side effects from the vaccine. It has not been in use long enough. That risk does exist, but it cannot be quantified.

The man has his family to consider. This is not a matter of personal ethics. Taking the vaccine is not unethical.

This is strictly a risk decision for each individual.
    Venture Surplus ad

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    My point is that it's time to be a man about this. All the BS about phony exemptions. Either get the shot or quit your job, all depends on the strength of your moral character. This is a private matter between you and your family. Nobody can tell you what is right.
    Moral character? From someone that chooses to ignore posts that point out when you are wrong?

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sadly, Mrs Grumps21 bought in to the vaccine hype. Her body, her life. No kids, so not much I could do other than plead my case. Thankfully, no adverse reactions yet that we know of, but as I have stated on other posts it did not keep her from being infected and consequently infecting me. I kicked it in a few days but hers lingered on for a week or so past mine. I blame the shot, and I wish she would have resisted. Together, I think we could weather whatever consequences came if we both lost our jobs, even if that meant being homeless. It’s none of my business what your circumstances are Orbie, but the dynamic for me might well be different if I had kids to suppport. Everybody’s situation is different, and I may have misspoke on my previous post about a man and his principles. Best of luck
    That’s good to hear that she has not had any bad reactions. I don’t think you misspoke and I appreciated the post. I’m not claiming religious exemption just because I don’t want the shot. I believe what the Bible says and that God will control the outcome. If I’m meant to find a new career then that’s what is going to happen. I’d prefer to keep working for Union Pacific but that may not be His plan.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    So the result would be the same... if they found out.
    I believe the union negotiated this for us but they have announced that they will not terminate us. We will be held out on a medical hold and will retain our seniority. At some point, when/if this mandate is dropped, I will be able to return to my seniority. I also read from a union newsletter proclaiming that there should have been some sort of negotiations. I’m hoping that at the very least, the union can negotiate the ability to receive random tests for COVID.

Also, if I were to be terminated I would rather it happen because I stood up for what I believe. Not because I was dishonest. I can hold my head up knowing that I did the right thing.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I was just given notice by my department head, that a memo is about to be sent out from corporate, mandating the Covid 19 “vaccine”. I asked what would happen if I refused to take it, and I was told I would probably be let go. Guess I have a decision to make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck man.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    All you guys worried about lying to your employer about something that is really none of their business. Talking about your compromising your integrity and such.

What about the boating accident?

Seriously, would you comply with gun registration or confiscation if required of you?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    All you guys worried about lying to your employer about something that is really none of their business. Talking about your compromising your integrity and such.

Seriously, would you comply with gun registration or confiscation if required of you?

I have no problem lying to the devil. I could still sleep at night.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio

You have a valid point. I don’t know how to answer the question without going down a rabbit hole. I will say that if someone came for our firearms, I would be more comfortable in bending the truth so that I retain the ability to physically protect my family and friends. At that moment, employment would be least of all of our worries.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    You have a valid point. I don’t know how to answer the question without going down a rabbit hole. I will say that if someone came for our firearms, I would be more comfortable in bending the truth so that I retain the ability to physically protect my family and friends. At that moment, employment would be least of all of our worries.
    Yeah, I realize it's comparing apples to oranges. But a similar situation. There are plenty of rabbit holes like one is specifically named as a right in the constitution, and nobody has the " right" to a specific job.

I just don't get everyone claiming you have not morals, or integrity if your considering a religious exemption, or shopping around for a doctor's not for ANY reason.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    All you guys worried about lying to your employer about something that is really none of their business…
    For some employers, it’s not that it’s their business, it’s that .gov made it their business as a condition for doing business on a .gov contract.

Very similar to Herr Abbot’s slimy little EO that let cities force businesses to enforce mask mandates. Anytime a .gov turns private businesses into a policy implementation tool, you wind up with scenarios such as this.

So fûck all the politicians that out private businesses into these positions.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Lying to an employer that likely doesn't give a damn about you isn't on par with lying to a friend or stranger about something important. People tell little white lies every day - are they not moral or good people? If your wife buys a dress that is absolutely disgusting on her, makes her look like 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack and she says "does this look good on me" - do you tell her she looks terrible, or do you smile and say something less than true that won't hurt her feelings and piss her off?

I wouldn't hold it against anyone for telling an employer they have a religious or personal belief that goes against the Fauci-Ouchie even if they were actually in support of the jab because businesses should NOT be making that a condition of employment that you participate in any experimental drug studies. Its none of their business, period. Even hospitals and doctors offices. A person's medical decisions and treatments should solely be between that individual and their healthcare provider, period.

If corporations want to play stupid games and abide by stupid executive orders they forego any respect or expectation of honesty from their employees in such matters. Those same businesses would have no problem throwing you under the bus or firing you for any host of other issues that they could crop up. There is no loyalty toward employees among large corporations, or even most small businesses these days. Employees are seen as necessary evils, and not investments and the primary means of operating and growing by too many of them.

Very few companies are willing to stand up against tyranny or rock the boat because they're only concerned with the bottom line. They pander to woke ideologues, they pander to minority groups, they pander to anyone and everyone because they're afraid to stand up and say "NO" or they're afraid of cancel culture. We should be weaponizing the cancel culture against the leftists, but those centrists and right-leaning folk don't generally want to play by those rules because they want to "take the high road" or they're just not good at playing the cancel culture game - and that's why the lefties are slowly winning and eroding any sense of liberty we may have left. They cheat, they lie, they rig the system and get away with it every day.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The vast majority of companies are in business for one reason, to make money. Company policies and rules are in place in place to protect the company, not the employee.

If they think following some vaccine "mandate" is in their best interests of protecting their bottom line, that is exactly what they are going to do.

I fear that the only solid solution to end this nightmare, are people being fired, walking off their jobs, and filing lawsuits in defiance of getting the vaccine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wouldn't hold it against anyone for telling an employer they have a religious or personal belief that goes against the Fauci-Ouchie even if they were actually in support of the jab because businesses should NOT be making that a condition of employment that you participate in any experimental drug studies. Its none of their business, period.
    And that's where people can find an out. What you describe is a valid religious exemption. As Barnes says, even an atheist can invoke religious exemption because the definition of religious exemption in the U.S. includes that which is deeply shocking to the conscience.

Listen to two minutes of this podcast at ~26 minutes in. I think I've got it cued up properly.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is going to be fun to watch unravel; it’s mathematically impossible for nearly half the TSA workforce to get a pfizer or moderna shot before FJB’s EO puts them out of a job. The cutoff to get J&Js shot and meet the intent of the EO is November 7th.

7866420e45e87431bd738e73dd327d12.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    This is going to be fun to watch unravel; it’s mathematically impossible for nearly half the TSA workforce to get a pfizer or moderna shot before FJB’s EO puts them out of a job. The cutoff to get J&Js shot and meet the intent of the EO is November 7th.

7866420e45e87431bd738e73dd327d12.jpg

So TSA will be hiring?!? ;) ;) ;)

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Lying to an employer that likely doesn't give a damn about you isn't on par with lying to a friend or stranger about something important. People tell little white lies every day - are they not moral or good people? If your wife buys a dress that is absolutely disgusting on her, makes her look like 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack and she says "does this look good on me" - do you tell her she looks terrible, or do you smile and say something less than true that won't hurt her feelings and piss her off?

I wouldn't hold it against anyone for telling an employer they have a religious or personal belief that goes against the Fauci-Ouchie even if they were actually in support of the jab because businesses should NOT be making that a condition of employment that you participate in any experimental drug studies. Its none of their business, period. Even hospitals and doctors offices. A person's medical decisions and treatments should solely be between that individual and their healthcare provider, period.

If corporations want to play stupid games and abide by stupid executive orders they forego any respect or expectation of honesty from their employees in such matters. Those same businesses would have no problem throwing you under the bus or firing you for any host of other issues that they could crop up. There is no loyalty toward employees among large corporations, or even most small businesses these days. Employees are seen as necessary evils, and not investments and the primary means of operating and growing by too many of them.

Very few companies are willing to stand up against tyranny or rock the boat because they're only concerned with the bottom line. They pander to woke ideologues, they pander to minority groups, they pander to anyone and everyone because they're afraid to stand up and say "NO" or they're afraid of cancel culture. We should be weaponizing the cancel culture against the leftists, but those centrists and right-leaning folk don't generally want to play by those rules because they want to "take the high road" or they're just not good at playing the cancel culture game - and that's why the lefties are slowly winning and eroding any sense of liberty we may have left. They cheat, they lie, they rig the system and get away with it every day.
    Exactly. How much of my time has been taken from me with a salary job? How much tax and fees do I need to give Texas or the feds? How many immoral acts took place for people who got promoted?

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I have been notified today that all of our company employees (even the remote ones) must become test subjects in biological warfare experimentation.
    The interesting part is that HR made it sounds like Buyden's mandate requires that employees get jabbed or be terminated. Which is a lie.
    They also phrased it like it would be our fault we would be terminated. Actually, they called it "separation". And they phrased it that we would not be "able" to work. I will be able to work. But I will not be allowed to work. HR will prohibit me from entering our building and stop my paycheck. That is considered employment termination in my book. SMH

Needless to say, I will be interviewing within a week or two with other companies. Plenty of jobs out there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom