• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Make them fire you if it comes down to it...
    I was thinking the same if my employer decides to mandate vaccination. But would it be better for me to quit vs being fired for not following company policy. You can't apply for unemployment if they fire you for not complying with policy. At least that is my understanding @toddnjoyce
    DK Firearms

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    We are not the minority here. The people do not support the mandate. Do not quit. If you have to lawyer up to keep your pension do it. Talk to coworkers you think you can trust, odds are the company can't afford to loose a chunk of it's work force.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was thinking the same if my employer decides to mandate vaccination. But would it be better for me to quit vs being fired for not following company policy. You can't apply for unemployment if they fire you for not complying with policy. At least that is my understanding @toddnjoyce
    I wonder if changing a policy while under contract would apply? I may face the same boat if Abbott capitulates.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Ah, I didn't know about that, it's new to me.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I wonder if changing a policy while under contract would apply? I may face the same boat if Abbott capitulates.
    Our current infectious disease policy says nothing about mandatory vaccination. I would consult an attorney if a mandate came down the pipe. I don't really like the company I work for but I'm 10+ year vested so I would like to keep my benefits and 401k matching.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Our current infectious disease policy says nothing about mandatory vaccination. I would consult an attorney if a mandate came down the pipe. I don't really like the company I work for but I'm 10+ year vested so I would like to keep my benefits and 401k matching.
    I understand, but if travelling across the U.S. with nothing but a pup tent to call home taught me anything, I can live with less. Not sure how I would have responded when I had a family to worry about, I only hope I would have responded "flee to the hills", because that's how I am today.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I understand, but if travelling across the U.S. with nothing but a pup tent to call home taught me anything, I can live with less. Not sure how I would have responded when I had a family to worry about, I only hope I would have responded "flee to the hills", because that's how I am today.
    Yeah. I'm not getting it. Just want to explore all legal means I can. F them

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Got the memo Thursday. My department has a December 31st deadline for vaccination, as a condition of employment. There are several “incentive” dates, for example, if 85% of our department is vaccinated by the end of September, we get a bonus, and if we hit 95% by the end of October, it doubles. I have no idea where are department is at right now, and I don’t care. I am getting my resume together, and will start sending it out next week. I will be losing my pension, and I will have to find health insurance for 2 of my kids. My main worry is, this is not unique to my company. I may find out, no matter where I go, the mandate will be an issue. Guess I have a couple months to figure it out. Really sux!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very sorry to hear that.

Start finding a better place now. Not every company will drink the koolaid.

Reactions: gll

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I will not quit. And the company definitely can’t afford to lose any employees! We are severely under staffed, and I work in a trade that is nearly dead, so there are no experienced people out there to replace me. Looks like a workplace game of chicken! Original deadline was October. It was moved to December for my department. My department head, who is vaccinated, has let me know he supports me, and claims, if he wasn’t vaccinated already, he would refuse the mandate. Others I’ve talked to, are going to comply. It seems as if I may be the only “stubborn” one. But the co-workers who I chose to be friendly with, all support me. I was worried the bonus money would get me some shit from the sheep, but I’ve only had one person mention it to me.

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    There are several “incentive” dates, for example, if 85% of our department is vaccinated by the end of September, we get a bonus, and if we hit 95% by the end of October, it doubles.
    So, instead of individualized incentives, they're gonna use a group incentive so your coworker's will try and peer pressure you into making unwanted medical decisions. After all, you don't want to be the reason why Dave from engineering can't afford to buy his little brat that GI Joe action figure with Kung-Fu grip for Christmas, do you?

I swear, all this shit makes me sick. I've made my decision, I won't get the jab. If my employer mandates it, they will have to fire me, and I know I won't be the only one. Sucks you got to go through this bro, I hope you find a new employer willing to stand on principle.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I don’t take the flu shot. Never have.

If you got fired from a job, spent weeks or months out of work, lost thousands of dollars in retirement dollars to avoid a flu shot. . . . Most people would call that foolish.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you got fired from a job, spent weeks or months out of work, lost thousands of dollars in retirement dollars to avoid a flu shot. . . . Most people would call that foolish.
    I gave up most everything I had to follow a dream. Half the people I talked to thought I was crazy, the other half, wished they were me.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    My job does not mandate the flu shot. Our infectious disease policy does not have a mandate statement. Policy states we can chose to wear masks.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

That part is still up in the air legally. There's not a lot of legal precedent in requiring experimental medical procedures to maintain employment. This is going to keep the courts tied up for years.....

....it's a good time to be a lawyer....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom